Grrg more problems being resolved

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by AER, Dec 13, 2015.

1. AER

AER Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Had to have my radiator replaced for the second time (6700 miles), this time the bottom split. Also needed to have the radiator hoses done again, and had brake pads just fall apart.

Now having to go back this week to have the exhaust system replaced because the butterfly actuators failed.

Look I love this car, but with the amount of service calls I have had to do it already qualifies for a lemon on NYS (6 service calls to replace failed parts). Have another 11k miles to see if any other big issues pop up.

I got the whole first year thing, but these are fairly basic part failures that we are all having.

2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear about you having issues with your car,,, you should not have two rads replaced, that's uncalled for, and there is no way stock brembo pads should fall apart at 6700 unless your road race the car

3. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry for your troubles. I've had my car to the dealer 7 times since I bought it Sept. 30th of this year, the latest visit with the crank pulley
    slipping on the crank. I've asked Dodge to replace the car or repurchase it. I don't think that they are going to voluntarily do either but if
    it stays out of service for a total of 30 days in the first year of ownership (under my state's lemon law) it's their car.

Needless to say, I can relate to your situation and I hate it for you. The more I read threads like this the more I think that I just want to get
    away from the Hellcat all together. If these cars have this many issues while new, how many of them will still be on the road in ten years?

Parts through the Mopar system now are a pain in the butt to get so how much fun will it be in just a few years?

4. AER

AER Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    NY is very good on the lemon side. If it is in for service 4 or more times for problems OR 30 days total in 2 years or 18k miles it is very easy to get resolved. No lawyers, one form, 2 months or so to resolve

• Like Like x 2
  5. CDNHellcat

CDNHellcat Silver Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow to hear about your issues as it seems out of norm. I just hit 10,000 on mine and the only work done is firmware for the amp.

I know a few guys in my area and non have had any real issues and most of us drag our car.

Good luck

6. AER

AER Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Rotors & Front Calipers replaced
    Radiator (x2)
    Hoses (x2)
    Exhaust System Replaced
    Supercharger Belt cracked
    Airbag module wires frayed

7. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Having one of these cars may be like having an old hot rod. It's fun to drive, when it runs, but you've always got to "fiddle" with it. Or maybe like
    having an old Harley :cool: I've got old cars. I wanted a fun, fast, good looking, reliable on pump gas, car that also has comfortable seats and ride
    and great brakes. These cars look great (don't look to close at the paint on mine) the interior and seats are pretty good, although I've still got a
    few electrical issues but I can not find fault with the brakes, at least not on mine.

For 80 grand, I could have built one of my old cars into a wicked machine that would stomp the guts out of the hellcat. Oh well. I've given Dodge
    one more chance. If the new car (if I get one) has many issues or serious issues, it's getting a for sale sign or Dodge may get it back as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear about the troubles but hopefully it gets sorted quickly. While any failure is unacceptable, they will happen and when they do, you hear about it. I'm hoping my car is trouble free and keeping a close eye on the common issues posted in this forum. My thought is for every car with a problem, there are 10 or more without one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Halfshaft

Halfshaft Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear another Hellcat owner has problems, hope all goes well getting it fixed, as more and more Hellcat owners learn about this site, we seeing new post on Hellcat problems, which in turn helps Hellcat owner's with information on pertenical problems we may indure. Knock on wood, 7100 no problems thus far.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AER

AER Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Mine was the 238th one built and was built in January. It looks like that was a very troublesome month for builds

11. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine was built in June and was well past the 5000th one built. I don't know how many issues have happened with cars built in that month but
    my car has had a lot of issues.

Good luck! Wish you the best.