GT350 to HELLCAT!

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Schilling1, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Schilling1

Schilling1 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It's official, I'm in the club! I picked up a pre owned 15 blk/blk laguna with just 300 miles. I only had the GT350 for a couple of months but managed to put 2k miles on it. The 350 was a great car. It sounded amazing, pulled hard above 4000 rpm and had a very sleek look. It reminded me so much of my 997 gt3. That being said, there were a few things that led me to selling it. First, I wanted an a8 Second, the car felt small and tight inside. That's great for the track but gets old on the street. Finally, I felt it still lacked raw power down low. If I had unlimited funds, I'd have both American cars, but it's not the case so I chose the CAT! The Hellcat is the ultimate sports car to me! It's raw, sounds amazing, has the original muscle car look,has today's tech and has an amazing dash display. But more than that, it all comes together in such a pure fashion. The car is enjoyable to drive for more than 20 minutes and that says a lot when you're talking about sports cars. Dodge nailed the a8 and hemi supercharger combo. They work seamlessly. I could go on and on but the motortrend video about the car really sums up my thoughts. That guy was dead on and I'm do glad I'm in a Hellcat!!! Great job Dodge!

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    From the Club..welcome. Thanks for sharing what you thought btw the two cars.

3. AKHills

AKHills The Alaska Hellraiser! Alaska HCC President. Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the club!

• Like Like x 1
  4. mdmoore23

mdmoore23 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Question for the 350. I was in the market before I got my Cat. But is the stereo as awful as people keep saying? I think I read a statement where someone said the 350 sound system was equivalent of a single iphone playing inside the car. I love the Hellcat as well and have had amain cars before it. I probably would have a GT350 right now if the dealers weren't so crazy with the markups.

5. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the purchase and switching over! Now Enjoy!

6. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and welcome.

7. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Grtz again! Enjoy!

April

8. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Another enthusiast to our burgeoning community! Glad to have you on board. Welcome from Northwest FLA!

9. Schilling1

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The stereo system was ok. Not much base but I'm not one to have it turned way up. As many posted on the GT350 forum, you actually don't turn up the stereo because the motor sounds so good. The high revving motor has an addictive sound. I think the car is an amazing car and a steal for the money. But it's set up to track and and good track car is designed to wrap around you. For the street, it gets old quick. I love the Hellcat for that big, raw, old school muscle car feeling! What blows me away is how well Dodge nailed it with the new interior, the tech and the mating between the A8 and motor. It's just an amazing combo and it's the first car I've driven that delivers it all. On top of that, most sports cars are a pain in the ass to get in and out. The Hellcat is so easy! So yes, the Hellcat is heavy around corners on a track compared to a GT350 or GT3 but, it's a muscle car and for the street, it handles great, it brakes better and has 707 HP! Leaving work, my Super Duty and taking the Hellcat home for the night!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. GTA Hellcat

GTA Hellcat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To the OP: Was your GT350 Track Pack or Tech Pack? If it happened to be Track Pack people would fight over it. You know the issues with tracking the Tech Pack cars!

11. Schilling1

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It was a tech pack. Never heard of problems with the tech. What's the issue?

So after putting 2k on the GT350 and getting past the 500 mile Hellcat break in on the Hellcat this past weekend, I have a good feeling of both cars. My opinion is this, for the street car, there is no comparison - Hellcat! This car is absolutely AMAZING.
    As many have said, this car puts a smile on your face like no other car!! It's so comfortable, it's easy to get in and out of, it rides great, it handles great, it has a beautiful dash display, the tech is excellent and the car pulls harder than any stock car I've been in. To sum it up, I've been blessed enough to own a c6 z06, 997 carrera c4s, 997 gt3 , 997 turbo and GT350. I'd pass on all to own this Hellcat!! Tell me they all cost the same,, and I'd still have the Hellcat. I love this car!

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. GTA Hellcat

GTA Hellcat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Problem with Tech Pack GT350 is transmission over-temperature on the track: The Tech Pack GT350 - because of the lack of transmission cooler and differential cooler - can only lasts 15 to 20 minutes on the track in a warm day before going into some kind of limp mode due to transmission temperature going over preset limits. People have been going crazy try to retrofit transmission coolers. Unfortunately it is not that simple because the transmission fitted to a Tech Pack car does not have the built-in oil pump and the fluid cooling line hook-ups as in the Track Pack and R cars. Read this 51 page discussion on this issue at Mustang6g Forums.

Limp Mode on the Track - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com

Lucky that I got a Track Pack car because I want the Recaro seats and don't care much about a fancy stereo.

I think you sold your Tech Pack car at the right time. Over the long haul I don't believe they will worth nearly as much as the Track Pack cars.

13. Schilling1

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I didn't know that. Reminds me of all the problems with the z07 overheating. I know I made the right move. I'm loving the Hellcat except for the color- black. I'm too anal for black. It shows everything.

14. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Way to go Schilling....smart man. Congrats sir!

15. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    great intro post! welcome and enjoy the rush!

• Agree Agree x 1