gt350 vs hellcat...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by actionjack99, Sep 12, 2015.

1. actionjack99

actionjack99 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    hi gang,

anyone see this. reposting from a gt350 thread.

cl

2. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can't wait for all these comparisons between the GT350 and Hellcat. They are 2 totally different cars the only car that the GT350 should be compared against is the Z28. The Hellcat is just too different of a car to compare them to each other/

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Mills

Mills Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sad really...I hate people that grasp at anything when threatened.

Some people don't care about tracking a car. My '07 SRT Charger handles way better than I have ever needed.

So yeah FOMOCO guys - brag about how your GT350 goes around a corner faster - I could care less

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Robert Andrew

Robert Andrew Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, he certainly raises a good point. Maybe that's why Hitler shot himself??? Why in the hell did they build a performance car weighing 4,463 pounds? We ask that question over and over and get no response from Chrysler. The rumor is that the 2016 Mustang Shelby GT 500 will weigh around 3,500 pounds, with 627 HP, it will be a kick ass car, and my second choice if I don't get some progress from Chrysler on my order! No pissing and moaning, I like all performance cars. Ford has put their cars on a diet, Chevy has done a wonderful job lightening up the Corvette, and they have dropped 300 pounds in the 2016 Camaro, and Chrysler sits on their hands and remains silent. To me, that is a big deal. I want my car to excel on the drag strip, on the street, and on the track. Track days are about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on, but 4,400 pound cars, simply won't handle. Imagine what we would be cranking in the 1/4 mile with a 3,500 pound car??? 100 pounds equals..1 seconds in the 1/4. 10.4 seconds on street tires, and solid 9's on drag radials. Ooooooooh mama! Come on Chrysler get those engineers working on a slim fast diet. It can't be that hard.

5. Robert Andrew

Robert Andrew Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    None the less, Chrysler only did half the job engineering the ultimate performance car. If our Hellcats weighed even 400 pounds less, we would pick up .4 second in the quarter mile, get better gas mileage, and just be a better all around performer.

6. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There is no GT500 coming in 2016, "maybe" rumored for 17, but even that is a stretch. They've been too involved in the GT350 and the Ford GT to be able to get a GT500 out the door in a year. Why did they build a 4400 lb performance car? Because that is what the car weighs. Its weighed the same since it came out in 2008. The Mustang and Camaro have gotten lighters because they have been redesigned what 2 times since the Challenger came out on 2008. Of course they have gotten lighter. Would it have been nice if they cut some weight on the current version. Sure, but its just not really there to take off without a redesign. So, instead of redesigning like Ford and Chevy did they kept what has been working for them. Why go through the effort redesigning a car that doesn't need to be done? When the Cuda comes out in what 2018/2019, it will be smaller, lighter etc. But until then enjoy the nice big heavy car that will be in production for largely 10 yrs unchanged when it finally gets a send off in 2018.

7. USMCVET0311

USMCVET0311 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've driven the GT350. It's an awesome machine, and as others have said - quite different than the Hellcat. They each have their own place in the market.

8. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is all a load of BS. A true race car needs to weigh around 2200lb to 2500lb. Anything more and it will not work on the track. It will eat the brakes and eat the tyres. With the modern day necessity for nanny state electronics and safety equipment our cars have become fat and over bloated. My Hellcat will never run a sub 7 minute lap around the Nurburgring. But when I look at and drive my 4400lb Hellcat it makes me smile. It is an old school muscle car with good steel integrity. Many manufacturers are moving to aluminium panels and in truth they don't crash well. Save for the aluminium hood :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why would you even consider buying a Hellcat much less actually buy one? Just to be disappointed in what it is when you could instead buy something that you would like? I don't get it.

10. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Our cars are built to a higher quality standard, so almost everything you look at will individually weigh more. Our seats are heavier, and more comfortable (plus heated/vented), we have more interior features and creature comforts, that means more weight. I don't have the figures in front of me, but I do believe our cars are safer (crash testing). Our cars don't overheat like GM and Ford, we have very heavy equipment added to our cars that assure us of that. We have larger brakes, those weigh more. The list goes on and on.

The more features you put in a car, and the higher the quality... the more it will weigh. Do you see Cadillac owners bragging about how their car weighs a THOUSAND pounds less than a Bentley? Because they know why there's a difference.

If our cars were ONLY made for performance (no daily driving requirements), then the focus would be on weight like a Zonda or a Ferrari. But hypercars in many cases have ZERO features aside from speed, no A/C, radio, power steering, etc... for a daily driver they suck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bananahead

Bananahead Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Because 707...

I just drove a street-legal Stock Car 500 miles over the weekend to visit my parents.

Priceless...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. phantom cat

phantom cat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    lol For us point and shoot guys, I think the hellcat handles fantastic. Wouldn't change a thing

13. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Nuff Said

14. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

I ask all of you to be honest. Who has, or intents to "track" their car. Maybe I'm just old, but the Hellcat is best for spirited highway driving and the "track" is the drag strip. If you want track days with curves you get a Viper. I think lots of buyers like to say at the local BS session their car has track prowess, with no intentions of ever driving it on the track. So we don't need to apologize the Hellcat can't "track" with a Z28 or GT350, just give me a car that performs better on the track most people actually go to, a dragstrip! Come on ADR

15. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You're 110% right