SRT Hellcat Forum banner

GTA Hellcat Owners

7K views 70 replies 15 participants last post by  Helokity 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Im a new member here, ordered my Hellcat Challenger back in December and waiting on delivery. No news from the dealership yet on when i can expect delivery.

I am wondering if any current hellcat owner(s) are open to the idea of a ride along? I have done a lot of research on them but have yet to experience its actual brutality :)

So if any one is open to the idea id really appreciate it. I am of course open to compensating for it.

Cheers

Z

#3 ·
Hi all,
Im a new member here, ordered my Hellcat Challenger back in December and waiting on delivery. No news from the dealership yet on when i can expect delivery.

I am wondering if any current hellcat owner(s) are open to the idea of a ride along? I have done a lot of research on them but have yet to experience its actual brutality :)

So if any one is open to the idea id really appreciate it. I am of course open to compensating for it.

Cheers

Z
Forgive me if you've posted elsewhere.......Did your dealer provide you with a VIN#? If so.....there are a couple of wonderful members who can provide you with status updates....including shipping. The main source is "Resume Speed" or "RS" as members refer to. The only reason I say this.....I had a sizable down payment for a Hellcat order since last summer. I bailed on that when I found one freshly delivered to a dealers lot. I had never received any updates as to my status. Buyer beware!

#4 ·
I didnt receive a vin. I put down 10K to secure the deal so far but yeah i was assured i can back out at any point. Im planning to visit the dealer tomorrow and ask for an update in person.

I ordered mine from the Downtown Toronto dealership.

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
I think there is a misunderstanding here. Im not worried about the driving dynamics. I have owned a few fast cars.
Its just i have waited a while and yet to actually even see one outside an event scenario. It would be great to at least experience it for once, would make the wait more intoxicating after having a sip :) lol

#19 ·
My Bad, I didn't notice the London-Kichner connection, and feared it was London, Kentucky, instead of the London, UK. So it goes... Age, blood sugar, or low blood alcohol levels must have tricked my aging eyesight...:confused:

#18 · (Edited)
Yep...the VON.....vehicle order number just means an order was placed into the FCA system. The VIN is the real deal.

Hope this doesn't sound discouraging.......but you need to know what others have experienced.....and be able to communicate with your dealer with the correct terminology....so that you can get accurate feedback from them. Hopefully you have an allocation. I had a placeholder, if you will, for a future allocation. No guarantee of if or when an allocation would become available. Nice situation for the dealership....to be sitting on deposit money with little more than a promise.

#22 ·
I am heading to my dealership in an hour or so. Im going to clarify exactly what stage my order is at. Fingers crossed I recall having an allocation. He mentioned he had a limited amount left and was urged to order asap.

Honestly I fell in love with the Challenger the day I saw it for the first time. Reminded me of my first car actually, a bmw 740il with the halos up front. Now all i want to do is drive a hellcat and work for Mopar :D

#21 ·
There is an annual GTA LX gathering in May. Used to be in Etobicoke but it moved to Brampton last year. There were only two Hellcats there last year but I am sure we'll have more this year.

It's on May 28 at the Heart Lake Conservation Park.

If you're interested in going PM me for details.

Reactions: SRT707HC
#24 ·
I went to the dealership today. The GM has changed and the current GM was not around. Spoke to the lovely finance lady and she assured me that I was registered in the system. She told me to call in on Monday to clarify and get all the details. I really hope she is right. It would just be a shame if im on the future waiting list.

#26 ·
Well.....sounds like you are heading in the right direction. Guess you'll know for sure come Monday. Sure hope your order was placed and you are some where in the build process.

#29 ·
Hi All,
So i just got off the phone with the GM of the dealership i ordered my HC from. He did confirm that I have a VON number. SO this means I have an allocation right? Also am I able to get updates on anything just with a VON number?

Thanks

Z

#30 ·
Hi All,
So i just got off the phone with the GM of the dealership i ordered my HC from. He did confirm that I have a VON number. SO this means I have an allocation right? Also am I able to get updates on anything just with a VON number?

Thanks

Z
A VON does not constitute allocation unfortunately. And no, there are no updates on a VON until a VIN is assigned.

Reactions: Helokity
#34 ·
Very nice ^^^^ You took the first baby step by getting the VON. I had a couple of local dealers....who don't fully understand the allocation process....try to slide an order in without an allocation. In that situation they receive a flat rejection back.

So... unfortunately patience must be your friend for now. If not, you may experience VON Hell Syndrome. The symptoms may include: insomnia, weight loss, weight gain, fatigue and short temperedness....less common are blurred vision and bowel troubles. I experienced the syndrome and I found the cure at a dealer 500+ miles from my home.

I had my car purchased over the phone, late on a Friday afternoon, in about two hours. You might want to do a dealer search and see if there is one to your liking, sitting on a dealers lot ....as a "Plan B."

#35 ·
Oh I definitely have the VON Hell Syndrome! Thanks for the read i had a good laugh. I have actually found a few on dealer lots. Some used some new and some ridiculously priced. I really want to go FCA route so I can get the 8 year finance. I plan to keep it long term.

#42 ·
Welcome Helokity
I just took delivery of mine on Feb mine took 11 weeks so I hope you get yours soon. I am in the Hamilton area but ordered from Scarborough
A summer run would be a good thing

#44 ·
It is only a one day meet. Saturday, May 28. You can add your name to the list on the forum it's posted on but you don't really need to register; you can just show up. Note that the park does charge admission; it is $6.50 per adult.

#47 ·
HEHE I dont disagree! I think im being foolish not getting a 4 door given I have a big family. Not just size wise ;p Im actually meeting 707Hellcat tomorrow and he has been kind enough to show me his Plum Caaaaaaaaaraaaazy Kitty lol. But hey Id love to see the charger up close and personal too :)

#46 ·
Welcome Helokity
I just took delivery of mine on Feb mine took 11 weeks so I hope you get yours soon. I am in the Hamilton area but ordered from Scarborough
A summer run would be a good thing

Wow that is amazing. My exact order date was December 1st 2015. So its been way over 11 weeks.... Im not sure how the process works but it looks like yours is the correct way. Do you mind sharing the contact of the person you dealt with? Im thinking ill call in and have a conversation. Looks like they know what they are doing.

Thanks

Z

#53 ·
Wow that is amazing. My exact order date was December 1st 2015. So its been way over 11 weeks.... Im not sure how the process works but it looks like yours is the correct way. Do you mind sharing the contact of the person you dealt with? Im thinking ill call in and have a conversation. Looks like they know what they are doing.

Thanks

Z
Well I ordered from Scarsview Chrysler in Scarborough. Speak to Karim geat guy and will not give you the run around I gave a 500 deposit and he refunded me the amount after i picked the car up and the price of the car was 2100 dollars cheaper

#57 ·
Thank you so much once again. I cant say it enough. I got my first real perspective of what to expect and judging from my grin :D well it says more than i can in words.

Ill post a new thread with some pictures to share with the rest of the forum. There is a few with you and Beeman in them. I wont post those.

Hope to see you soon and thank you thank you thank thank you very much for your generosity.

#59 ·
Thanks flyboy.....Im glad you got a VIN....Im being picky. I found a few in GTA. Checked out a plum crazy charger today but as well but i want what i want so ill wait. I actually have a job interview with Chrysler dealership and if im in ill definitely try to find out how I can expedite mine. Ill negotiate with them :D

I hope your cat finds its way home soon!!

#68 ·
I got quted around 4600 dollars before tax for 5 years 100,000kms. Seems high :(
I paid about the same for my extended warranty on my 2010 SRT8. Got free oil changes with it and that was about all I got.

Would have been better off just paying for my oil changes and skipping the EW.

So for both my 2015 and 2016 that's exactly what I did....no extended warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.