GTALX 2016 sponsored by Authentic Performance - 5/28/2016

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BryGuy, Dec 23, 2015.

1. BryGuy

BryGuy Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Hi folks!
    I'm happy to announce that GTALX 2016 has a date of Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 10:30am - 3:30pm. I think those of you that attended last year enjoyed the day. The event will be held at Heart Lake Conservation Area again and we anticipate a much larger showing this year. This year, all raffle proceeds will go to Peel Children's Aid Society as the biggest cost being the site rental, (which I paid for last year and recouped costs through the raffle) is being taken care of primary sponsor Authentic Performance out of Scarborough, Ontario.

You can view the website link shown below as we get more things in place including hotel discount arrangements. Hope to see some US friends up for next year's event - remember our dollar goes a lot further up here LOL.

Here's some local media coverage from last year - http://www.bramptonguardian.com/community-story/5711881-cars-enthusiasts-host-lx-platform-show-in-brampton/

Bookmark and occasionally check this site for updates - www.gtalx.ca

Merry Christmas all!

Bryan.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BryGuy

BryGuy Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Hi folks, just a quick note to let all those who ride motorcycles know that it looks like Davies Harley-Davidson will be participating in this year's event as an exhibitor, showing some of the H-D 2016 product.

So, we'll all be able to look at some really nice cars AND some really nice bikes as well. Win-win! 115 days to go!!

If you're coming in from out of town and want to stay for the weekend, remember that the extra discount (on top of the discounted rate) on the hotel ends at the end of this month. Accommodation contact details can be found at www.gtalx.ca.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Code3100

Code3100 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I may join you guys this year with my charger hellcat.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BryGuy

BryGuy Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Hi folks, the GTALX Spring Thaw 2016 participant form and Sponsor section on the website have been updated to include all raffle prize contributors. Additionally, the Photos section of the website has another slideshow showing more pics from last year’s day at Heart Lake Conservation Area. Please bookmark the www.gtalx.ca website and check the site periodically as we will eventually be posting raffle ticket prices and rules along with rain date information. We keep saying this each year but, this year should truly be the BEST GTALX event to date!!

5. BryGuy

BryGuy Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    IMPORTANT - a rain date has been booked for GTALX 2016 - Saturday July 9th in case May 28 gets cancelled due to the possibility of heavy rain. Keep an eye on the www.gtalx.ca event website for updates. If the event is to be cancelled, notice will be posted by Friday May 13th, as the park requires 2 weeks’ notice.

6. BryGuy

BryGuy Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    99 days and counting! Don’t forget to book your accommodation if you plan on arriving on the Friday. The additional accommodation discount ends on Feb 29th. Accommodation details are here - http://www.gtalx.ca/sponsors.html and remember, pricing is in CAD$’s so anyone coming up from the U.S is getting a hell of a deal on accommodation due to the CAD$ sucking large!

REMEMBER - a rain date has been booked for GTALX 2016 - Saturday July 9th in case May 28 gets cancelled due to the possibility of heavy rain. Keep an eye on the www.gtalx.ca event website for updates. If the event is to be cancelled, notice will be posted on the website by Friday May 13th.

7. BryGuy

BryGuy Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Only 89 days to go! Tomorrow is the last day for the additional discount on the already discounted hotel rate so if you're planning on coming in on the Friday, see the Sponsor section on www.gtalx.ca for hotel contact details.

8. BryGuy

BryGuy Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Only 73 days to go!

Remember to bookmark www.gtalx.ca to be informed if the rain date will be used. Decision will be announced on Friday May 13. We’ll have a Dodge dealer there this year with some 2016 hardware.

Hope to see you there!!

9. BryGuy

BryGuy Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Folks, 50 days to go and we’ve got raffle prizes from SOLO Performance, Billet Technologies, Legmaker Intakes, The Suspension Source, Rebadge Design and Graphics, Black Cat Custom Automotive, Kaption Audio, Nutanix, Harley-Davidson Canada, Esri Canada, Lux Technologies, Z-Automotive Technologies, UNIFOR Local 1285 (Brampton Assembly – where your car was built) …and others!

This is going to be the best GTALX event EVER!

Hope you can make it and be a part of this gathering!

www.gtalx.ca

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Beeman

Beeman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Lasts years give away prizes were awesome and plentiful wich I did'nt enter for
    This years offerings sound even more spectacular
    I'll certainly enter for a chance to win
    Cudos to the GTLX organizers for putting on a great show
    Gus!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg I'm Looking forward too this, perfect place for an event.
    Much better than standing around a hot parking lot!!
    Wish I could have stayed longer last year
    That Beautiful pic was snapped of me driving in last year.
    One of my favourite shots.

• Like Like x 4
  12. BryGuy

BryGuy Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    The 2016 GTALX raffle rules, schedule and prize listing has been posted to www.gtalx.ca event site!

This year is going to be the biggest event to date and we hope that you can make it.

Remember that hotel discounts have been arranged if you want to come in a day early. Accommodation details are on the Sponsors tab at www.gtalx.ca.

Also remember to bookmark and check the site on May 13th to confirm event is proceeding as scheduled (as opposed to using rain date)!!

13. BryGuy

BryGuy Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    BREAKING NEWS - debit and credit cards will be accepted on site for raffle ticket sales though a terminal that Peel Children's Aid Society will provide and operate.
    Keep in mind though that sometimes, even the best laid plans....you know the rest. Bring cash backup just in case.

GTALX is going hi-tech!!

www.gtalx.ca

• Like Like x 3
  14. BryGuy

BryGuy Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Holy crap - 30 days to go!!
    I'm happy to announce that Heidi @ Billet Technology has added a couple of extra donations (totaling US$75) over and above the US$500 - an enormous thanks to Heidi!
    Maybe there will be a prize for first non-event staff vehicle on site? :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. BryGuy

BryGuy Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    21 days to go folks! As it stands right now, the weather will be fine (based on historical weather data for May 28). BBQ food service, raffle prizes, exhibitors, supporting a local charitable organization, MOPARS, seeing people you haven't seen since last year and, an ice-cream truck! - LOL….does it get any better??!!

• Like Like x 1