H/C arrived last Monday!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Dances With Empties, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Been stuck with work all last week, but took a Happy Friday off! At the crack of noon I finally got a chance to take it out for a stretch! Decided to head out through Prince Edward County (google map it!) on Hwy 33. Had the car set in track mode with the red key, never figured there would be need for anything else... That road is docile with enough twists to keep a break in drive interesting. The cruise was great! The day was clear, sunny & just cool enough to keep the windows down; no need for the A/C.Cruising past the lake & the vineyards was beautiful scenery to be black top rollin with the Challenger...

Then I hit the tourist trap known as Picton! Hell has already started for the locals; about a month ago, according to the gas attendant where I topped up. That little main drag was a drag... Took about 15-20 minutes to go about a mile... From there, I headed north on 49 & that's when I realized the need for a softer suspension! Sweet beJueses! I drove on that road for about a mile in track mode; had to stop, take a pizz, check to see if all my fillings where still there & not on the floor of the car! Anyway, put the car into street mode & it was like a different set of wheels. I can not say enough good things about the suspension settings. eventually you'll need to dial it down & works great. Felt like ridding in a Caddy.

By about 3 o'clock I finally decided my guts were grumbling enough, so I decided to get a bite to eat. Just so happened I was at the gates of Shannonville Raceway & the gates were open. Stopped in there, got a cheese burger & a drink, sat in the bleachers & watched the bikes on a track day for about 30 minutes. As I was headed back to the car I finally got stopped by one of the riders & asked about the car. A white H/C is the way to go. It's a sleeper & doesn't really seem to catch the eye of people walking past. Same goes for the police. Past a lot of speed traps that day & lived to tell the tale. It just doesn't stand out to a crowd of average people. Car nuts all want to rip into it, but it doesn't seem to attract unwanted attention. From there I jumped back onto the 401 & headed home to feed da dog, who doesn't get to ride da Cat... Back in Track mode: This car is awesome. For what it is, it feels nimble & the steering response is tight.

Outside fit & finish is about what others have commented on. It's on par with MOPAR... As for the interior, I would put it above average so far. Everything looks & feels 'quality'. The seats in this car are comfortable as anything out there & if you have ever drove a Toyota, you'll think your in heaven!!!

Sorry no pics of yesterday, but there will be lots of time for that stuff later on. I have to put a plug out there to Kingston Dodge! John Helsby did a great job for me & got me the price protection & financing for last year. With my discounts & the price protection, I maybe driving the cheapest Dodge out there?...
    These guys will definitely look after you & you can get away from the Toronto mentality of car sales.... You know the kind: Where you need a shower & possibly a rape counselor.....
    I've bought from Kingston Dodge before & will deal with them again. My feeling after this whole process of ordering here in Canada is that for the exception of a few really big dealers here; the dealerships here kind of forgotten by FCA. Not saying that their not commited to Canadian orders, just that with this model we were definitely second string. Maybe a bit more than usual...

Anyhow, the car is awesome, go white & avoid speed traps at all cost!............ Gotta go driving!!!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    First post WOOHOO!!! Enjoy the beast

3. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    glad you are enjoying it :cool:

4. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Yeah white goes unnoticed I agree with that

5. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Picton airport today or tomorrow has an arm drop day, there is a Black Hellcat and a Black Viper that are going to duke it out $20.00 covers you, let us know if you end up going and take pics

6. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats my friend. I know you have been a regular here on the forum for some time and it is nice that your kitty has finally arrived. Your analysis is right on. The white is a sleeper and I like it that way. Most folks have no idea what a HC is. The ones who do will most likely be able to pick it out of a crowd no matter the color. Good story about your cruise in the HC. Give your dog a big kiss on the lips for us....tongue optional:p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dances With Empties

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Their web site is saying cancelled due to the high risk of rain...:(

8. Mr Bigblock

Mr Bigblock Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The white will really go unnoticed once the snow starts to fly.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Dances With Empties

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If this car sees snow, it's cause I'm living in it....

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    YAY! You finally got your HellCat! Grtz!!!! Go enjoy!!

April

PS - Sorry I missed this post the other day!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bout time!!!! CONGRATS!!!!
    Wish you many miles of smiles ;)
    Maybe I'll see you in sept at armdrop

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zookeeper93

Zookeeper93 GOZ211

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well hot digity dog it is about time. CONGRATULATIONS on the cat finally coming in!
    Prince Edward is on my bucket list.
    Yes, I am a Green Gables fan.

13. Dances With Empties

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Prince Edward County is between the Bay Quinte & Lake Ontario. Mostly rural; there is only one land crossing on Hwy 33, two other bridges & a couple of ferries to get in & out. It's pretty much a 'secret' tourist area in the summer for the mutts from the Big Smoke & the great people of Kingston:p... Great spot for yupies "antiquing":rolleyes: , bikers & nice cars. Some great restaurants, up & coming vineyards & distilleries. Worth a google!

Here's a couple of pics of my beasts from the local charity car show on Sunday. Unfortunately there were 2 or 3 whack jobs there: One truck stop deposit box leaning on my Challenger. Another was the fat kid from Bad Santa with his grape crush can leaning on the Impala, (To his dad's credit, he straightened him out in quick order!) And another young guy who thought it was ok to just open up & jump in the driver seat of another buddy's Mustang. Lucky for this brain damaged sh!t stain, the owner wasn't there at the time, nor his son. So he only suffered the wrath of his wife, backed by a few other owners at the show. Other than that it was a good turn out & except for 5 minutes of rain, sunny weather & a lot of nice cars. Will try & post some other pics later but computer is not liking my phone right now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Q5Dart

Q5Dart Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice collection! Tell that slimy lizard to back the f^€k off the cat, and go back to Detroit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dances With Empties

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I pretty sure she/ it was the original trucker's receptacle...... :rolleyes:

May have been from the Cretaceous Period !!!:eek:

(Had to look up the spelling on that one...):D

• Funny Funny x 1