Has anyone else heard about this (Possible reason for delay/slow Charger HC builds)?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Nitewing, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Nitewing

Nitewing Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I got an email from my dealer, and he said this is what is being told to him by his "rep". Not sure what he meant by rep...

Good Afternoon,

This message has already been distributed to you guys however I wanted to get it out to you as well. Schedules have not come easily on this unit, as well as the Challenger version, I do not expect this to open up the build capacity a lot, but it does give your customer the very best chance for their piece to get built.

We have been informed that SOLD Charger Hellcat ordersare failing at the plant due to a restriction. (The supplier is not going to have the material until mid-April. The 'fix' requires adding CSL (Rear Seat Armrest with Storage Cupholder). The CSL option has a $0 price.We were told that by adding CSL, it doesn’t delete any options, it just reduces the amount of material used in the vehicle by adding the storage cup holder.

Anyone with insight, by all means, please comment.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe RS can shed some light? If it's that dam heated coffee cup holder I won't give that option up!!!!!!!!:D

3. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is this English? Makes no sense to me. Orders are failing and you need a cupholder. Seriously? Who ever wrote this has a sock in their mouth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ncarter124

ncarter124 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I noticed the rear cup holder/armrest was added to the Build & Price on drivesrt.com. I thought I was having a stroke. An "I swear that wasn't there last time" kind of thing.

5. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, I think I have heard it all now. :eek: A cupholder holding up production. Kinda reminds me of the story I get when we lose power to our factory. Electric company blames it on the squirrels getting in to the transformer station. We think they carry around dead squirrels in their tool boxes and toss one out when they have a power issue. LOL

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. dodgeboy

dodgeboy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I interpret that as the orders are failing edit (and not making it to BX status) because they don't have the cup holder option assigned. If that's the case, I wouldn't think it would impact any builds that are D1 with a build plan. Maybe it explains why some of the recent orders can't get past VON-only status?

7. Tannehill

Tannehill Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It means they do not have enough seats on hand WITHOUT the armrest/cup holder. If you want to stay with a plain back seat then the build will be restricted because there are not enough parts now, and they should be restocked by mid-April. Adding the back seat with the arm rest/cup holder should allow it to go through now, they can make/provide those back seats now as they don't use as much material as the plain back seat. Most likely due to the cut out area and folding down plastic shell. My guess is that the supplier is short on the leather/suede

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. rlarsen462

rlarsen462 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone notice the Laguna leather options also disappeared from the drivesrt.com builder? I just ordered yesterday and the dealer entered the order with black Laguna and I had a VON right away and am supposedly in BX.

9. Tannehill

Tannehill Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I would use the Dodge build function as a "guide" and not a definitive resource. Last I was there they still haven't added B5 Blue to the colors for Challenger, and we all know they have made them. In fact when you search new cars going to dealers, regardless of model version, the B5 blue cars don't even have a picture.

10. Rock Petrick

Rock Petrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Are we getting heated/cooled cup holders in the Hellcat Chargers?

11. dodgeboy

dodgeboy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nope...

12. Rock Petrick

Rock Petrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Is this Heated Cup Holder a possible substitute for the parts shortage?

13. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I read that the supplier for the SC's was not able to keep up with demand. They have since expanded their production and hired more workers. And yesterday I confirmed that the upgraded leather has the cup holders as part of the package.

14. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hope John is reading this!!!!!!!! It's just another case of poor management in Dodge that looks after the sub contractors and makes sure the pipe line is full ALL the time.Oh, BTW there has never been part shortage:rolleyes:

15. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just going off an article I read on this forum. Good to hear because I want my HC!