Has anyone heard of this?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Snappycat, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Was at my dealer today getting my VON. Spoke with the owner regarding allocations. He said allocations are slow in coming because of some government restrictions. He said because the Hellcat does not get good fuel economy, Dodge has to sell a certain number of high MPG cars to offset that of the Hellcats. When certain goals are reached, allocations become available. He told me that it is not always a manufacturing issue, but it often a gov't restriction issue.Has this been discussed already? Can anyone elaborate?

2. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Corporate Average Fuel Economy Or CAFE regs.
    Lots of discussion. Lots a info.. Anything to do with allocations? This is first I've seen somebody tie it in. I can't see it myself. But intresting line of thought

3. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This was talked about last fall.
    Should not be the reason for the lack of allocations.

The gas guzzler tax has something to do with it. Uncle Sams wants your money so they will allow them to be built. Plus look at the extra gas tax revenue they get cause you burn more gas.

Biggest problem is the dealers committing to sell cars they are not entitled to get.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks guys. I joined several weeks ago and am trying to get caught up with everyone. This info came from a dealership owner who has been doing this a long time. He is a straight shooter and seems very honest. Thanks again.

5. CatBurghlr

CatBurghlr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Interesting

6. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm going to spend some time reading into CAFE laws to see how the law works out, Cause that could be a possible unspoken truth to the matter.
    Dodge could be faking this whole allocation system in-order to keep average fleet MPG up making the goverment happy. At the same time I'm pretty sure CAFE Laws go by a yearly end, not monthly or etc.

Ford bought that bike just to increase MPG's and they'd be lucky to sell any at all tbh. I honestly thought CAFE just worked as long as it's ready for production its part of the average MPG. So if you had 3 cars (50mph, 25mpg, 8mpg) doesn't matter how many you sell, just that it's available for purchase.

7. sahak

sahak Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very interesting.