Haters gonna hate...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Slowhand, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Slowhand

Slowhand Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I parked 3 aisles away from the Best Buy entrance, on a slow day, at the far end of a row with 3 cars in it. At least 30 empty spaces closer by far than mine. I parked against a curb taking two spaces lengthwise pulled forward half a space. Some neckbeard must have wanted to park his Prius there.

ticket.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. zippy

zippy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Unbelievable . . . . .

Tear it up

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not a real ticket. Just a professional "Butt-hurt" victim.

4. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    How is parking like that "Environmentally unsound?" I would love to see someone put something like this on my car. Then again, I used to have these in college but reserved them for nimrods that really couldn't park. Parking a nice car out of the way is one thing, parking like an asshole is another. Mickey edit.gif

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Next time take up 3 spots if u can Slowhand.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Being double parked selfishly and parking very selfishly are very serious offenses.:eek: At least our "friend" didn't check the blocked driveway box. Then you would really be in for it:p....Environmentally unsound?. I say this BS note is a waste of paper.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. dHL0L

dHL0L Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If only you could have given the person this:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  8. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you park taking up multiple spaces you are just asking for it. Luckily you just got a dumb note, not keyed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  9. Slowhand

Slowhand Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    HA ha ha! I have a few of these in the glovebox of the Barracuda. Used 1 years ago when I was parked miles from everyone and somebody parked 6 inches from my passenger door.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    B.S. If I park out in the boonys a mile away from the place i am going into and there are no cars anywhere around me and I park in 2 spaces, that is not asking for it, sorry if that is how you feel. I used to park closer to stores, etc. and then one day I came out and a door ding the size of a quarter and a 1/4 inch deep was directly on my pas. doors' body line on my 2013 Challenger R/T. It couldn't get removed with a paint-less dent removal tool and to fix it at a body shop would have cost me almost $1k for the fix and repaint. Later that same year in a different parking lot some jag-off pulled so far forward the brush-guard on their truck smashed the front grill and grill bezel on the same car. After that I started parking as far in the back of the parking lot as I could where there were no cars around and I would take up two spaces. If that is being selfish or rude than I guess I am selfish and rude for caring about my ride.

/rant over

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Hollywood

Hollywood Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Be happy that clown did not key your car. That's the reason I won't double park. Some crazy people.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with you Fionn. I don't mind the exercise and my wife doesn't mind walking either. I always back in to spots when I can. I used to have a WRX and within about 3 weeks of buying it, someone put a huge dent in a body line that actually chipped the paint. I was mortified. I park as far away as I can because I like having nice stuff. If people want to mess with my stuff because of it then that's their problem.

On a related note, my dad had a similar situation when he came back from Vietnam. One of his first purchases was a brand new Datsun 240Z. Something he'd been saving up pay for. Came out of a place one time, parked far away, and someone had put a ding in his door. My dad is a gentle and kind man, but he kicked their door so hard it caved the whole thing in. Not that I'm condoning it, but I can only imagine their surprise to find their car like that. I would hope they understand why.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You miss my point. I'm not saying if you park across spaces in the boonies you deserve problems, I'm saying you draw negative attention to your vehicle and there is a significant percentage of of today's population that just hate the fact you can have such a vehicle, are successful, are willing to walk the extra distance, you name it. I park in the boonies always but would not take two spaces and invite retaliation.

Now if someone parks across two spaces in crowded parking lot causing other people inconvenience then yes that is inconsiderate and arrogant. I see them quite often.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Slowhand

Slowhand Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't always color inside the lines. If somebody dared key my car after I took the effort to inconvenience NOBODY by parking that far away... well, pretty sure they'd file charges and have a personal injury claim against me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    True story:

About two years ago I was parking in a Safeway parking lot to get some groceries and as I shut off my car I see a guy pull into a space a few spots down, as I am getting out of my car I look over and watch him pull so far forward that he hits, and I mean HITS, the car in the spot in front of him, he then proceeds to back up about 5 feet and then goes forward and hits the car again. He does this maybe five times in the time it took me to walk from where my car was parked to where he was "parking" and I am in utter disbelief at what I am seeing; so when I get up next to him I stop and walk over to his window and rap on the glass, he rolls it down and I ask "what are you doing man? You do know you hit that car in front of you like five times, right?" He looks up at me and as he starts to talk I can smell the booze before his lips even open. He starts speaking incoherently and rambling about something, so I lean up against his door (I am a big man I knew he didn't have the juice to move me) and grab my cell phone and call the local PD. While I was waiting for a LEO to arrive the drunk f^ckhead tried to open his door a few times and seemed dumbfounded that he couldn't get out, yea he was that plowed. Within 5 minutes the police were there and arrested him on the spot. When the LEO was taking my statement he asked how and why I knew he was DUI and I told him about the whole parking incident, he then asked "Do you know the person whose car he was hitting?" I said "No, I am just a car guy and watching that idiot made me cringe thinking about my car in this same lot." He laughed and said he would wait for the other cars owner to come out so he could see if they wanted to file a report. It's jerks like that drunk guy that make me not mind parking a mile away and walking. It still gives me the heeby-geebies thinking about that car ramming into the other and what if it had been my ride lol.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1