Have an idea on how to fight back

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Noquarter, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Noquarter

Noquarter Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i say we keep a master list if those dealers selling msrp and those selling above msrp.

Then, we flood google reviews with positive praise for those selling msrp and hammer those who are not.

Google reviews are a big deal. They start seeing their ratings plummet maybe they change their toon.

Just a thought.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's actually not a bad idea. Call them out for advertising an MSRP price, then asking $10-20k more when you show up. Or worse yet, falsely advertise MSRP as $80k. Google reviews do matter to customers. I've got a running list to get started with on my douchebag dealer list.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Would a dealer charging above MSRP be the only qualification? After all, you can have an outstanding dealer that provides great customer service, however, place an ADM on the car that a customer is willing to pay.

I think a dealer that doesn't provide good customer service would be the qualification, not just ADM.

Then again, no way I'm paying an ADM on the car. Some of the ADMs are equivalent to an annual income for some people and for what, a few keystrokes in to a computer ordering system.

4. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Benefit of a free market, dealer gets to tack on any price they want. Doesn't mean someone has to buy it there....

If NO ONE buys at the higher price, NO ONE will advertise insane increases.

It's a new car, a highly desirable car, and frankly dealers have every right to try to sell it at a premium. I can put my '07 truck on the market for $60k, it's my right to. If some dumbass comes and gives me $60k, not my problem.

Let it rest.

5. Noquarter

Noquarter Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agree its free market and they have the right. But we also have the right to tell people what they are doing in a google review. i think it speaks to the character of the dealership and i see no issues with writting that ina review.

6. Cat-Man-Do

Cat-Man-Do Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    caveat emptor