Having a rough time getting a winter tire and rim setup locally or online..Please Help!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by dykast, Nov 22, 2015.

1. dykast

dykast Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Hello all,

So I live in the burbs of NYC and my 2015 Charger SRT is my daily driver so I need snow tires. I "thought" this would be as easy as getting on tirerack.com. picking out some cheap rims, some blizzaks and be done with it. But no, the only rims they have are $650 a piece BBS rims which is way more than im willing to pay for winter rims. I really don't drive this car balls out and its never seen a track. (I have 2 car seats in the back for my 3 and 6 year old and my commute is 12 min) So lets cut to the chase.

I have seen the replica rims for $800-850 on ebay, I could buy those, bring them to my local tire shop and have them mounted. There are websites like carid and discounttiredirect that "say" they have rims that will fit but most of them have a bolt pattern 5x114.3. I refuse to use anything but the spec 5x115.

So besides the replica rims, are there any $200-350 rims each that I can buy mounted on the new Blizzaks online that would work. (would rather buy them online and mounted to save the headache of transfering the oem rims/tires from the shop). I really don't want to spend more than $2500 for the whole setup out the door.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,
    Erich

2. FarAwayFromHere

FarAwayFromHere Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is from Costco Canada.
    These are steel wheels similar to police wheels.
    Back fitment yes
    Front well prob not due to brembo's
    Good luck on your search,
    Let us know what you find and intalled!

image.png

3. Hemilover

Hemilover Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not sure what size you are looking for but I have been looking at a replica wheel on ebay and checked to see if they had Blizzak tires and they have some.
    search for
    151817827834 on ebay for the tire and they have wheels too

4. FarAwayFromHere

FarAwayFromHere Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ask this Gentleman....
    fnkychkn | SRT Hellcat Forum
    He may have stock steelie details for you!
    Far

5. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Finding much the same. Better tire for winter would be narrower with higher sidewalls.

A 245-45-20 has just about the exact same diameter with less of a footprint on the snow. Rims would only need to be 20" x 8" or 8.5" to fit the 245.

Something a little narrower would be even better to get off the top of the snow and find some grip but finding a wheel that will handle the brembo's will be a challenge.

6. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Try building a 20" package again. I get $269 and $299 wheels available. $1800 about for the whole setup + TPMS if you want them.

7. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bought these for a (yet to be delivered but hopefully soon) 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT: 4 NEW JEEP SRT8 20" Hyper Silver Wheels OE 20x10 Grand Cherokee . As you can see, the price is $695.00 for a set of four including shipping! I Had Blizzak DM-V2 snow tires (275/45/20) mounted on them. (The had / have a sale going on "buy 3 get the 4th for $1) and the price was overall better than anything I could work up with Tire Rack or Discount Tire. I'll bet they would work just fine on a Hellcat (20 x 10) and there should be no issues with fitting over the Brembos. An alternative tire might be the Blizzak WS80 but reviews I read comparing the two claim that the DM-V2 has longer tread wear and some other advantages as well. http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...nter-tires-blizzak-dm-v1-vs-blizzak-ws80.html. Hope this helps someone! :cool: