HC at a dealer….

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Confuzed2, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello all. My first post here, but been browsing this forum for a while. I am beginning to see HC's for sale at dealers around the area, and I put in for an "E-Price" for one. It didn't surprise me a bit when the price quote that was sent back to me was the same as the sticker price. On the other hand, it DID surprise me that the quote wasn't OVER the MSRP.

It's Torred, non-black hood car, 8 speed auto, has navigation, the rain sensors. Black interior. I need to trade in my 2011 Billet SRT 392 in order to afford this beast….I'd rather not go through the hassle of selling it privately since I have a wacky work schedule and would rather not deal with any yahoo banging at my door whenever just to tire kick. The car looks like new, paint and wheels are as new and the car has a tad under 12K miles total. Even still has the "new car smell".

-It did have the front bumper re-painted because I was moving crap around in my garage and I scratched the paint off the corner of the bumper…900 bucks, a bumper re-spray and new stripes and you literally can't tell at all.

I look at KBB values on the car and it says anywhere from 32-36K in excellent condition…which I strongly feel it's in. What is a realistic price I should accept as a trade in?? I realize the dealer will try and lowball me as much as conceivable, but I refuse to give this car away….I'll walk away before that happens.

2. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Post on the regular challenger forum and see if anyone wants to move up to your SRT

3. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What Jim said: I know on KBB that it gives you a range for out right selling the car and for dealer trade ins. As you stated, the dealer will try and low-ball you from the start...It's business and that's how negotiating goes. You start high, dealer starts low, and you meet in the middle. I would take a printout of the KBB dealer range and have that in my back pocket. My understanding is KBB is as good or accurate as NADA. I'd break out the KBB document if the dealer is blowing smoke. Also tell the dealer they will make $2K to $3K on the vehicle if he gives you the low end trade in value. You can bet your a$$ they will mark it up at least $5K to start.

4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your buying the hellcat at msrp,, they can pony up for your car..

5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i sold my mint/mint/mint 2011 IE 392 loaded automatic, never an accident or damage of any kind....mint white seats, 7,700 miles for $34,500 on ebay

being yours isnt an IE, has higher miles, has an accident, i think $30k or less is what you will get on trade in.....i was offered $32k trade in last Fall.....but i assume prices have dropped since.....the IE package was $2k extra and i figured it added $1,500 to the standard srt price....when i looked up blue book for mine it was $35,900 to an individual

if you can get $32 i think your the man....id expect $28-30 though

everyone is selling their 392's right now....everyone....your not getting blue book.....i had tons of $30k offers.....a few said it was only worth $28-29k.....i had to find just the right guy who saw the extra value in the IE package to get my $34,500....took me 6 weeks to sell....ebay worked the best.....mine also came with a nib front spoiler, t shifter, $500 seat covers

you wont get $32-36 in my opinion........if your repaint shows up on car fax and someone checks i think its going to hurt you

MY IE also had the advantage of being a A5...i was told A5 IE's were rare....all the people interested told me they couldnt find one in A5......i see tons of IE's asking $38k.....none are selling

you can get a 392 RT 2015 for $39k.......why would someone pay $36k for a 4 year old car with 10 less HP

Dodge screwed 392 SRT resale with their 392 RT

i sold my wifes Toyota Sienna for full KBB for excellent condition on a trade in once...it had new tires and was flawless.....i sold my Avalanche for $7k under KBB on trade in because it was right when the gas crunch was going on......KBB is a starting point....but it matters if its a buyers or sellers market....for your 392 its a buyers market right now.....throw KBB out the window

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the replies. There's honestly no way I would take a thing below 31K....I believe that's my "walk away" point. I traded in a 09 R/T with a bit under 7K for the upper KBB value to get what I have now, for about 28K....but I'll admit the car was a little over 2 years old then, unlike my '11 SRT....but the SRT cost much more....like 15K more to buy in the first place.

And it didn't suffer massive front damage...merely a quarter sized chip in the corner of the bumper when I scaped it with an engine block moving stuff around in the garage. I decided to have it fixed properly instead of touch-up paint.

Guess on my next weekend off, I'll need to visit the dealer (bought my SRT there) and see what shakes out…

They (dealers) also use a "Black Book"….it's the same as Blue Book except that all the prices are listed lower. Oddly, dealers are the only people that "try" go by that price. Go figure.

EDIT: And hellcat1 - That's the exact car I'm looking at!!! Is yours Torred too?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015