Headrests - Near Stafford and Fredericksburg, VA

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Appearance' started by 1FSTCAT, Jan 12, 2016.

1. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I went back to a shop that did some custom work on a set of ram seat covers I had them stitch a logo onto and they can do 4 x 4" or 4.5" x 4.5" Hellcat head with different eye color for $8 a headrest. Yes folks, $8. The setup fee was a one time $85 charge to do the digitization.

So if you're in the area and would like to be apart of this, let me know via PM. The setup fee applies to me, so it's not like you can just drop yours off and get them for $8 :) I would certainly like to share that cost with someone else, but at that cost it's no biggie, to just do it. I'm happy to coordinate a rally time to meet on the weekend to drop them off (you need to remove your covers), or provide the information if you want to go on your own once I'm done with mine.

I intend to mark the position of the logo with a chalk reference point.

I never wanted to question anyone's prices on stuff, but this is a professional shop that has ten machines running all the time. There's also a huge risk for those using the over stitching systems...you're literally sawing the vinyl and creating a weakness. Be careful, more is not always better.

I'm happy to post the results afterwards, just thought I would share if anyone local wanted to be a part of this.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. WindowShaker

WindowShaker Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Watching this post for sure. Thanks for starting it.

3. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will post the sample once the proof is done.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    PM sent...

Pics please!

5. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok, as promised, the sample is done and I've seen it in person. It's perfect, identical to every one I've seen on here. I'm taking mine down (subject to snow) later this week or early next week. I'm going to mark the position on my headrests before removing them.

Disregard the misc sewing marks, just test fabric.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. ArkGL01

ArkGL01 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That looks awesome!

7. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

DITTO !

8. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is really for others that may explore local vendors:

1. Any embroidery place can digitize a logo - mine cost $85.00 for a setup fee and now I can reuse it on anything. It's a vector graphic so size will determine cost once you decide what to do with it.
    2. For 4.5" it was $8.00 - I'm opting for 4.75" so I suspect it will either still be $8.00 or maybe as high as $10.00. Not a biggie.
    3. Pulled the headrest covers is super easy, took five minutes tops. One plastic rail clip, easily unclipped with a flat tip nylon pry tool or screwdriver (be careful) and two velcro tabs below the plastic belt retainer loop. You DO NOT have to take that plastic part off, you'll understand once you put your fingers under and pull the velcro apart. The rest is compressing the corners and rolling headrest over a bit. Then I slide the whole thing off.
    4. My placement is roughly 4" from the top seam and 2" from the side seams. I know that seams are subject to variations, but it worked out perfect on mine. I used the attached images to center them exactly how I wanted it and used scotch tape to place the image and then create a box of tape. This should allow the guy to see exactly how I want it and just remove the paper inset. It's basically a 5" box in which a 4.75" logo will be placed. It's as perfect as I can setup. I know the headrests will be separated in the car, so any slight variations shouldn't be a big deal.

Anyways, hope this helps others considering getting it done.

Rick

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can I post my source of the embroidery? Hope so, if not I apologize and please remove it.

I dropped off my stuff today since the snow is coming and I will take a couple of sets down next week for those that have coordinated with me to drop them off at my work place...can save you a trip to Fredericksburg.

I talked with Mary and let her know that there would be a fair amount of interest. No worries the setup is covered, they will let my scanned artwork be reused. Please keep in mind that I did two colors, which is the common theme here. If you vary from the logo and want to add other things like build numbers or names, I'm sure you're looking at new setup fees of $85. That's your choice. You can upload artwork via their website and they make a proof for you as a part of the setup fee. Obviously you need to be in the area to take advantage of this or they can snap photos. They will do return shipping, so if you're remote from this area and send it in packaged and marked up, that's an option. She said the way I setup my headrests was great, would be hard for them to get it wrong. Remember, you would be sending the headrests removed.

So it $10 a head rest since I went with 4.75" (5" template with box for squaring up)

I have four shirts purchased from them...long sleeve and short sleeve synthetic and two pull over wind breakers. I'll post those when I get them back. My total bill was $215ish for four shirts, two headrests, and setup fees. That includes them providing the shirts.

Should have it all back next week.

Contact Information:

Attn: Mary
    Jonathan & Co
    Custom Screen Printing, Embroidery, & Promotional Items
    4808 Jefferson Davis Hwy
    Fredericksburg, VA 22408
    asi 236518
    www.jonathanandco.com

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  10. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, got them back today. They were pushing the headrests out knowing the storm was coming and I was anxious to see the end result. Couldn't be happier. Sorry for flash and poor quality photos, but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Look great!

12. BLK_MAGIC

BLK_MAGIC VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looking real good, let see the shirts when you get them back....

13. alilodhi

alilodhi Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    damn that looks nasty good

14. hdman

hdman Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    just talked to her dropping mine off wed.good find I live 10 mins from there

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. FINALLYSATISFIED

FINALLYSATISFIED Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can you let me know how this turns out? I left Quantico, VA area 2 years ago before coming out to CA. I would love to get mine done.