Heartbreak and Success!! 2015 Challenger Hellcat MSRP New Owner!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by sspano01, Nov 16, 2015.

1. sspano01

sspano01 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I have a story!!! It ends well (spoiler)

I ordered a Green A8 Hellcat at the beginning of 2015. Called my dealer once a month to check on status. I had a VON and every month they would tell me the same thing. Its in the system but we have no information. So essentially they said they didn't know and couldn't tell me anything about delivery timeline.

In August they told me it would be cancelled for a 2016 order cycle and I would have to re-order.
    I told them to cancel it completely. This was about the start of August 2015.

THREE WEEKS LATER!!! The dealer sends me pictures of my Green A8 Hellcat at their dealership! The kicker is they sold it someone else!!! So they send me pictures and tell me "hey it sounds awesome and we sold it to someone else". So I call them up and I am less than pleasant. They told me that they called Dodge two days after I said to cancel it - and Dodge told them it was in build. They never called me back to even cross check. I told them I was tired of waiting and didn't want to get in a new wait cycle. So they never called me and sold the car to someone else. I even went to the dealership and saw the Green A8 with my name on the window sticker. What a ***** right?

Well! I have just landed a White 6-speed Hellcat. I was kinda hooked on the 180mS shift speed of the A8, but the Manual can be just as much fun. And I really like the white color. I got it at MSRP from a dealer about 4 hours from me and I am hoping to go it this weekend. I had been calling around a little bit, checking dodge's in stock status on the website. Found this white HC this morning - on a showroom for MSRP. Deposit on it and balance financing in place.

Just in time for my birthday in a few weeks. So there are still 2015s at MSRP in the wild

Very excited :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    happy bday to you.

enjoy it

3. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the White HC. Let us know how you like it and more pix are a must. What a great B-day present.:D:D

4. Fastcat ny

Fastcat ny Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations ! Wow you never should have canceled it these A8 cars are hard to get and a Blast to drive and of course sublime is the fastest color enjoy the new car

5. Bubba871

Bubba871 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats!

6. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats!

7. carcrazyguy

carcrazyguy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What dealership were you dealing with on the green car?

8. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats !!!

9. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congats, I've been though the ringer as well. Not to that degree with another bonehead dealer during the 2015 saga, but it was still frustrating. I fact, I'm still waiting but now I'm very close. I believe it will be all worth it in the end. Post up as soon as you get it. A very exciting time. It will make your birthday that much more special. Enjoy!

10. jaque

jaque Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    nice work man, dealership pulled a fast 1, happy you got you a kitty cat!!

11. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Happy B-Day! Glad you got a HC in the end but...

Sounds like another s**t dealer story. Too many notifications in the system for them not to know the order had a VIN and was in production. My dealer could log into the system and see the status of the VON until the day it was cancelled. Sounds like they got you to back out so they would have a Sublime A8 to sell. Bet they raped someone else with ADM on it.

I bet you didn't get a voucher from Dodge either. I got an email from Regional Sales Manager when mine didn't make the production schedule. And I got a voucher. If you didn't get a voucher then there is additional proof that they knew it was being built. Crap man, the sticker had your name on it.

Same old story which just goes to prove that you have to demand documentation (copies) on information provided or it is just noise on the wire. If they weren't going to build it you needed to get documentation from the dealer. Office chatter is just that, chatter...always get them to put it in writing.

12. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    congrats.....i got a call yesterday from a dealer from my search 10+ months ago.....so finding one shouldnt be too hard....sorry you couldnt get sublime....i think those are all gone by now....i owned a white 2011...you will enjoy how it doesnt show swirls...i used to get rail dust that would show up after sitting in the winter around the back bumper....it always needed a bit of clay bar...when washed the bright white had a high impact look to it it was so bright

13. Jontall

Jontall Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    White looks great on a Hellcat. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on bagging a great deal on the Hellcat! Happy Birthday.
    Post us some more pictures when you get your car.

15. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the find. My 2015 A8 order was picked up unexpectedly right towards the end and I got it 397 days after order. I found out later they called the sales manager at 10:30 at night to tell him it was being built after they previously said it would not be built. Late luck is better than no luck.

If yours has the HK system, make sure the 10/28 flash is done to it.