SRT Hellcat Forum banner

"Hell" Cat "Search" Turned Into Dream Car Realized

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Red Harley 
#1 ·
Back in about March of 2015 I decided to get a Dodge Hellcat Challenger. I went to the local dealer In Sagle, Idaho first to see about ordering a car. I was told that they had no allocation and could not get me one as the car was in high demand and short supply.

I set out contacting other dealers and found one that said they could get me a “Hellcat” and took my deposit and ordered the car with the understanding that I was on “the waiting list”. Time went by and now it’s August 2015 and then I am informed that my order has been cancelled because “Chrysler/Dodge” won’t be able to fill all the orders taken for the MY 2015. “Chrysler/Dodge” issues to me a Voucher (of a given value) to be used towards purchase of a MY 2016 Challenger Hellcat.

Problem is that now I am effectively cast back to the “end of the line” in trying to order a new car. I started contacting dealers all over the country as far as Missouri and down to Texas. I got “No” for an answer most of the time, with the others wanting from $10,000 to $20,000 over MSRP. One dealer put me back on their “waiting list” with no confirmation of ever getting a car, only “maybe sometime next year!”

It was in August 2015 that I went back to Pierce Auto Center again and met Jon Stolz. We talked about the “Hellcat” and we came to an agreement on an acceptable price for the new car if he could get an allocation. He took the Voucher that I received from the manufacturer and confronted the area representative with, “What good is a Voucher if you are sent to the back of the line and can’t get an allocation to order a car!” Jon worked with the representative until he was able to issue a “Special Allocation”. This process took until November 5, 2015 when the car was finally ordered. Jon never let up.

Jon kept me informed through the process all the way to delivery. I made some other contacts on the internet and was able to track the shipment of the car all the way to Spokane, Washington where the car was released by the rail yard for the next vendor, and placed in an outdoor storage yard where it sat for the next 9 days only 70 miles from the final destination. Jon could not get any information/confirmation as to the delivery schedule for this “special SOLD order”.

After more than a reasonable time had elapsed and no car, Jon went the “extra mile” (70) with a flatbed tow truck/&driver to Spokane and insisted the car to be released. The person responsible for releasing the car had “gone on vacation”. Jon tracked him down and insisted that he did his job as he should have made sure someone would “cover” him in his absence. The car was released, got loaded up and taken back to Pierce Auto Center in Sagle, Idaho

Sometime after 9pm on December 30th when Jon got back from Spokane, he called me to say that I could come get my new 2016 Challenger Hellcat in the morning. What a great surprise! He really worked hard for me to realize my dream car!

Jazz Blue - M6 - Black & Sepia Interior

See less See more
#3 ·
I love a good story like that congrats and post your pics! You will love the hellcat!

#9 · (Edited)
All I have are 2 shots at the dealer. We are knee deep in snow and temps below 20, so can't get the car out to wash for clean pics Timing was such that the roads were dry for that Thursday31st I was able to drive the car home. Then Saturday took it out in the rare sunshine for a 200 mile run through the mountain roads. Nice Machine!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Muscle car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Hood

#15 ·
Congrats on the new Cat. Jazz Blue and Sepia combo are nice. Enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.