Hell Has Officially Frozen over

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by squidtracy, Dec 4, 2015.

1. squidtracy

squidtracy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just when I was almost positive that I would never see my car it happened. On 12 January I raced to my local dealership to be first in line to jump in and order my Charger hellcat like so many others. I paid my deposit kicked back and the following day it went to BX status where it stayed for what seemed like an eternity and of course as the story goes I would up stuck in permanent VON Hell and ended up assed out for the 2105 MY but for my troubles I was sent a piece of paper (Voucher) which stated that FCA was very sorry about my luck, sux to be you etc... but for my trouble I would be able to re-order my dream car on 17 August. Fast forward to 17 August 0900 local and once again I ordered my dream and wen to dealership the following day in hopes of a change in status, I was not sure how to react because the status did indeed change but the order was canceled again. Fast forward a couple more months and I get in the mail another Voucher exactly the same as the first but this one did actually have a different Certificate Number so ok now I am really confused along with the dealership and all that they could ever find out is that FCA was going to build my car but would not give an exact month. I will cut to the chase and fast forward to 3 December 2015 and the dealership advised me that my car was assigned a VON so I am thinking to myself ( self, welcome back to VON Hell ) then today Hell Froze Over !!! I got the call and my car has been actually been assigned a *** VIN *** I really do not know how to act because although I want to be happy I fear this is some kind of sick joke and once again the hammer is going to be dropped on my head. I have no Hellcat yet but my basement is full of Hellcat parts, car cover, etc... that I am very anxious to use. There are a lot of folks on here that I have talked with and learned from and I want to thank you all for your support during this time of extreme frustration for me and I truly believe this time it is actually going to happen and I look forward to joining those of you who have already got your car many months before me and for those still waiting all hope is not lost and I sincerely hope that you will also have that VIN soon.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. jaque

jaque Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    sit tight they are buiding em quick got my car in two weeks after vin assigned!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Got POC? Check it for sold order to you!

4. squidtracy

squidtracy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thank You that is very encouraging and thankfully I have had plenty of practice waiting so 2-3-4 weeks will be a walk in the park

5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats finally getting a vin,, can't wait to hear about your status change going to js, then heading to your dealer..What are the options you ordered

6. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    For gods sake show some excitement! Eight patrols on USS Ohio!

• Like Like x 1
  7. squidtracy

squidtracy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I would love to really show more excitement but for MONTHS now all I had was false hope and Vouchers. I am certain that once I see it making process through the build I will be way pumped up. Please realize that for months I was in VON Hell and the only light at the end of the tunnel was an Amtrak but I guarantee you once she arrives on the truck it will indeed be party time !!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you got a vin,, you can track it

9. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Guaranteed scheduling this year also if you look at your POC. If you got a VIN , you're getting a car. As long as the dealer doesn't pull any BS

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lighty

Lighty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats!! I would get the dealer to send you a copy of the POC with the VIN.

11. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Looks like congrats to you. And maybe you can release your "pucker" pressure you have been holding onto for such a long time.

HAHA
    Frame those vouchers for the grand kids. I did

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hope it is only 2 to 3 weeks. Then the fun begins. Keep us updated and pictures when it arrives.

13. squidtracy

squidtracy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thank You all for the support for what has been a wild rollercoaster ride from Hellcat. I feel much more confident now that it moved from VON to VIN. The dealership is also excited this is finally happening for me and we are going to have a big party when she finally arrives. I have posted 2 Challenger Hellcats on this forum that people backed out and both sold within minutes but now it is my turn to track my own progress. Which thread tracks VON / VIN ?

14. squidtracy

squidtracy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks MattG and yes I have both vouchers and they are in my paperwork book along with everything else that I saved so far and one day this will all be something to look back on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the vin!! Won't be long now hopefully. Fingers crossed and prayers! Post pictures soon as it comes in.