Hellcat A8 Transmission Issues

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by DChallengerSRTHellcat, Jul 26, 2015.

1. DChallengerSRTHellcat

DChallengerSRTHellcat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey guys I am new to this site. (I owned a SRT8 392 before the Hellcat and was on Challenger Talk) This is my first post here and unfortunately its about an issue I am experiencing. So I have had my car for about a month now (about 900 miles) and for the most part things have been good. Today I noticed however that when in manual mode my transmission shifts down when I am trying to shift up. Example: I shift from 2-3 and then when shifting to 4th it shifts to second. Or when shifting to third it shifts to 1st. Today I had a real dangerous experience with this. I was getting onto the highway going about 55 or so and I was in 4th gear trying to manually shift to 5th. My car shifted to 3rd and redlined for about 3-4 seconds without me knowing about it. I kept hitting the upshift and it finally shifted up. First off can this damage anything? Second, has anyone else had this issue? Also, the car seems fine in automatic mode and I am mainly using the paddle shifters to shift.

2. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome aboard. Do a search on here. There are a few that have had the same issue. I believe it is a problem with the wiring loom.

3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes Lord Hellcat is right. The wiring from the paddles to the clock spring which may be part of the steering wheel could be the issue as others have had new switches and clock spring and no help

4. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    • Like Like x 1