Hellcat arrives on hottest day of the year -

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by FatCat, Jun 20, 2015.

1. FatCat

FatCat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will hazard a guess that most current hellcat owners are newcomers in the night so to speak. Recent or new enthusiasts, bouncing from corvettes, mustangs, beamers -etc. However, some of us have been long time, patient, mopar fans, ever since the original arrived in 2008. Perfection is a long road. I was a late comer from a 300(5.7) to a second production year 392. I would always say Dodge "hit a home run" with the 392. Never got old driving it for 3 .5 years.

On this forum, many are long time owners that have extensively modified and power added who I have a tremendous amount of respect for. I was not in that group. I kept the 392 pretty much stock and as it turns out Dodge made every change that I wanted to make but couldn't for various reasons.

Along came rumors of the hellcat in the midst of a bucking(excuse the pun/synonym) recession, partial collapse of the big 3, and loomng CAFE. A quick bit of credit for the first one that I know of to give some credibility to the rumor, may he rest in peace where credit is due:
    6.2L Supercharged HellCat Hemi For 014MY - Dodge Challenger Forum Challenger SRT8 Forums

The hellcat arrives finally but then more delay with the f'd up order banks- but orders are now finally catching up, rest assured.

And now, for the limited the HELLCAT review. I'm answering a lot of earlier review criticisms below:

Simply, this car IS perfection. Dodge has hit a home run with the Apache, but I now refer to this one, the Hellcat, as a grand slam.

I'm in break in period but the power is felt underneath and it appropriate and sufficient, the exhaust note is a rumble as it should be(compared to the 392), the interior is contemporary yet the body pays homage to the past. Rest assured, the S/C whine is loud and clear. The clutch is NOT at all heavy and it is actually rather soft similar to the gas pedal- actually the easiest clutch/M6 I've EVER driven. My 2012 392 had an uncomfortable, longer heavier clutch. I can't think of a single negative comment about the hellcat at this point except for the purchasing process and haggling with the stealership.

In summary, a very VERY happy owner so far. Lastly, Thanks to RS for updates on delivery.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. FatCat

FatCat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here are some photos: IMG_20150619_163914698.jpg IMG_20150619_163856918_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the cat

4. Dakman

Dakman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the delivery! Enjoy the beast.

5. darin skelly

darin skelly Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome. Mine comes Tuesday. Can't wait!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Grtz! I am so glad you are having fun!! I hope you enjoy many, many happy miles!

April

7. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and welcome to the family.

8. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yo Fat...congrats on the cat. I agree with your assessments. Dodge did a very nice job with the HC. Break-in takes some patience, but just cruising around knowing what you have under the hood can actually have a calming influence. I think most folks aren't experiencing any cooling issues as the temperatures warm up. Enjoy safely!!

9. ranger75

ranger75 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats!

10. LordMarvel

LordMarvel Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks damn good in Black. Should post more pics of it. :p

Fun and passion await you. With much respect, I say enjoy and feel ALIVE! :)

11. Bobby D

Bobby D Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations on finally receiving your Cat.... it's an awesome car I get in smiling every time and a little shaky when I get out !!! What a rush have fun I know you will !!!

• Like Like x 1