Hellcat AWD

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Folsom_Technologies, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Would you convert your Hellcat from a RWD to an AWD

1. yes for $7,500

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. yes for $10,000

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. yes for $15,000

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. yes for $20,000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. yes for higher than $20,000

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Folsom_Technologies

Folsom_Technologies Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Hello all,

Hope all is well and moderators, please feel free to move this post to the appropriate forum if necessary. My name is Rick, and I'm a Mechanical Design Engineer for a small company located in upstate NY. Like most other engineering companies, we task ourselves with general mechanical related projects such as one off fixtures, DOE projects, contractor projects working with other small or large companies, and even some DOD. Our specialty however, is in the design and development of automotive transmissions.

After some thought and discussion with our board, I was given the go ahead to seek out interest in, as the title states, a Hellcat with an AWD system. Now, I understand that some muscle car purists do not want to see either of the Hellcat twins with an AWD, however I also understand that there are many who would like an AWD system coupled to their Hellcat. The details of how this project would be undertaken has only been briefly discussed as there are a few options available for this process.

If there are enough folks out there willing to fund the engineering of an AWD system for the Hellcat Charger, we will undertake this project. This is a very serious poll, so please do not participate if you are uncertain. Obviously, the more people that are interested, the more likely it is that this project will become a reality.

The poll options listed are the maximum dollar amounts you would pay to have this conversion done to your vehicle.

I will update and notify this post if at a later time more information becomes available, or anything has changed.

Additionally, I've attached a photo showing parts that we've designed prior to assembly of one of our prototypes. (enjoy)

P.S. I currently own a 2014 Charger R/T Anniv. edition. I hope this isn't grounds for termination of my account!

Attached Files:

2. Rob440Magnum

Rob440Magnum Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am not sure how easy it would be to offer AWD for both the Hellcat Charger and SRT Charger with the 6.4L Hemi model years 2011 thru current. It would certainly get you a much larger group of potential buyers.

Maybe you would be able to offer two price points $7,500 for the Hellcat and $5,000 for the lesser HP and TQ 6.4L Hemi.

3. Monkey PoXXX

Monkey PoXXX Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I just sent you a message. I'm definitely interested!

4. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It all does sound really interesting, but for all the cost, effort etc, if anyone wants a Hellcat AWD they can just wait for the Jeep SRT :) But it is an interesting topic of discussion

5. Rob440Magnum

Rob440Magnum Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Rick what is the status of your project? You posted this almost a year ago.

Thanks, Rob

6. SrtHellcat

SrtHellcat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What don't wana do one for the challenger side lol jk