Hellcat carnage maintenance at discount tire and Allen Samuels Dodge Katy, TX dealership

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Carnage, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Got my 3rd oil change done today with my own AMSOIL 0-w40 oil signature series I always use a Mopar genuine oil cap filter that DrBuick recommended in the past at 12,200 miles

Also included 5 recalls being done as well.. Got in at 8:30am and was out by Noon.

Awesome service as always thanks Jackie!
    I attached two pics of the 5 recalls done, apparently there are two amps that need to be tuned, a TCM update and 2nd re-inspection of torque limiting clamp-hose.

The sound system is now bad ass!!! Volume lv15 is loud as it was before at lv21! My bass box aftermarket hits real smooth and deep and the factory system meshes in phenomenal!!

The center of the front windshield sounds more focused now :)
    Also stopped by discount tire and the guy rebalanced and rotated my factory tires and came in and ask me how the hellcat drives. He shook my hand. They let me get a free pass no charge this time LOL awesome stuff cause any other cars I brought in that didn't have their lifetime warranty tires bought directly from them they always charged for tire balance and rotation separately.

It looks like I have maybe up to 8,000 miles left before I have to replace the factory Pirelli zero tires
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    do yourself a favor and get some DR's on the backs....you will never regret the decision...any high hp car is worthless w/o them....you dont know what youve been missing until you have them

congrats on the stereo....i look forward to that upgrade

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. nkdave

nkdave Sublime, black hood, M6

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What Dr's do you recommend, size and price too. I've got 2300 miles on my original Pirelli's and they are about do for a change. Thanks for your input.

4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    pretty much 2 main options

Nittos or Mickey Thompsons.....ive been happy with the Nittos on the street.....on the track ive had a few others tell me they are worse...ive seen MT's floored off the line while i can still spin...

i changed out my rears at 500 miles and kept them....ill put them on the fronts when the fronts wear out

a good test....go on an open road and do some 0-60 tests....as the tires heat up you will improve....what is your best 0-60 ???...if you have an a-8 you can get 3.6 on the street with dr's......on the track some can get as low as 2.9 seconds.....

i fought getting nitto's on my GT500 for 2 years......now that i have them---wow what a difference...i can actually floor my car without it sliding out...i can actually floor my car at temps under 70 degrees.........my gt500 would spin at 90 mph just from sheer hp(not shifting)........no more...i never drove my HC hard w/ stock tires, so i cant compare how bad they are to my GT500 f1's....but from what ive seen at the track the stock P0's are very similar....worthless

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks huggy I will definitely be putting on DR's. Which ones do you recommend?

6. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks I just saw this after my last reply

7. nkdave

nkdave Sublime, black hood, M6

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    From what I've seen on other post, others are using 305/35/20nitto555. The cheapest I've found are $320 per tire from Discount Direct with free shipping. If you find them cheaper please post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. toplescuda

toplescuda Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    what are the dr speed rated at? I know at events like the one tomarrow in Blytheville ar. They are not allowed for the mile event

9. mark wizgen

mark wizgen Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey carnage
    What recalls are there ?
    I got the hose clamps , the update on software , what else ???
    Thanks !!

• Like Like x 1
  10. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nittos are what i have 555r's 305....i will be buying MT's next time....if you dont go to the track id get Nitto's...if you go to the track get the MT's

nitto's are supposed to last longer and do better in rain...while MT's are supposed to be better at the drag strip...ive witnessed the difference.....but every track is prepped different im told too and some say nitto's do just as well....at my local track i have to ease into 1st, while the guys with MT's can floor it

I found them on sale for -$100 a tire, but the price your quoting sounds about what i paid

i cant remember what they call it, but there is a special process of heating your tires for $50 each that will make them last longer.....im being totally stupid about what its called but someone will know what its called....i had that done too

• Useful Useful x 3
  11. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well mark all I have is what is shown on the pics so that should be it, 2 amps fix = 2 separate recalls if I remember correctly cause they are listed separately per my service manager. There should be a computer chip flash update, TCM update and recheck the hose clamp which makes it 5

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the info! I'll be doing Nittos then since I don't drag race

13. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep I sure will

• Like Like x 1
  14. mark wizgen

mark wizgen Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you carnage !!!
    I will check with my dealer to see what I need.
    Be blessed bro !
    Mark

• Like Like x 1
  15. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    nitto's are rated for 150mph

im happy with them except at the track...i feel they may be holding me back(or its just an excuse i use):):)

the car should have come with 305 nitto's or at least had an option....

• Agree Agree x 1