Hellcat Catch Can Why You Should Choose the BT Brand

Discussion in 'Billet Technology' started by BTHeidi, Aug 18, 2015.

1. BTHeidi

BTHeidi Senior Hellcat Member

Lake Worth, Florida and Steamboat Springs CO.
    Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yep its no secrete sometimes you will wait for your products here. Even on satin we may have a 10 day lag to ship even with stock on hand. We supply many other companies on the "private label" side of things here all over the world and we move a lot of volume with multiple configurations and engraving options other than or own brand. We move in excess exclusive to Moder Mopar community close to 5,000 units per year. We do not supply any other market place except this community of vehicles that would include trucks and Jeeps.

The Billet Tech Catch Can has been around the Modern Mopar platforum since the Spring of 2007. Designed by our engineer Neal and a former coworker the approach was basic keep it simple without over engineering. Thus the two chambered top was born an thats where the seperation process takes place.

There have been many knock off's of the BT can thru the years right on down to exact look a likes or even the bigger names simply co-opting the the two chambered design, but there is one thing that our competition can't copy and that is our focus on quality, packaging, continual improvement and service before, during and after the sale. We make it here too and many of our competitors have to sub out the work and have very little experience in manufacturing or engineering expertise let alone knowledge of materials, an or outside processes required to bring a product to market. We have staff on site that practice the craft daily making your parts and items in the areospace and commerical sector that are not automotive in nature.

Finally, at Team BT we don't need an owner or manager to be on site to make a decision, everyone at Billet Tech is empowered to make a decision that is best for the customer.

When it came time to incorporate our catch can to fit on the Hellcat our approach was exactly as it has been since the inception of The Billet Tech Brand. Keep it simple. Therefore, we simply (yes word play simple and simply :D) created a mounting location based on our tried and true "Z Bracket" This gives Hellcat owners a solid location to mount from without clamps on your blower or add ons that simply do not integrate into the catch can design cleanly and efficiently. True innovation, true vision keeping with one of our themes "visionary."

We took the application further by designing our quick connect system. This quick connect setup is custom manufactured in house here at BT and is a true plug and play setup into the factory PCV system. Not cutting required, and no using any of the stock hoses. Most importantly no pinching of the hose or obstruction. Everything is provided turnkey out of the box with complete instructions and video on our site for an easy to follow along install. At Team BT we won't throw an item such as this into a box without clear and acurate information. Many times all the details you need including videos are right within the product so you can see before you buy.

[​IMG]

Here are some pictures of our product, our quick connect setup, our installation video and a link to order. No gimmicks, no bs, just a well made unique and original product. We offer custom engravings upon request most running $25, a variety of finishes, and we also offer our exclusive composite bottom (clear see thru) on all Hellcat Catch Cans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And you can order right here by clicking below:

Hellcat Oil Catch Can

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just a quick question…no clamps are needed on those hoses? Wouldn't there be the risk of a vacuum leak? They look like a great piece!

Also, do you have a picture of how it connects to the inlet at the snout?

3. 1FST4DR

1FST4DR Hellcat Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392

No Sir No need for any clamps. We have been using the same method for 8 yrs. From stock cars to cars making 17 psi running our hoses will not leak when installed properly and in good condition. As for the inlet we use our custom fitting that clicks right over the factory fitting and then the 1/2" ID hose will connect to that. If I can get a direct pic I will gladly post it. You might be able to see on the video as well.. Hope this helps..

4. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks very much for the reply and confirmation. Much appreciated!!

5. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a BT catch can for my WK1 and 300C SRT8 and very happy with them.

Wish they were available when I got my HC, but I'm happy with the stock appearance of the JLT unit. I do prefer the clear can so you can see how much oil is being collected.

6. BTHeidi

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome and and thank you for your support on your other vehicles. We held our design back for a reason so as to be sure it was clear who made what ;)

7. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What is the thread fitting size?

8. greenwithenvy

greenwithenvy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok, I have a question for you. I just changed my oil for the first time at 900 miles and clearly, this car needs an air oil separator. I called and emailed another manufacture asking for a cutaway sketch and or a detail drawing of the design. Being an engineer, I want to know how something is designed to assure myself it will work as planned before I just blindly buy something. Are you willing to either show me a detailed sketch of the design or spend some time with me on the phone explaining your design and why it may be better than others? For me, that is the only way I am comfortable spending my money on a product, even if it's only 150 bucks. I need to convince myself first, the product will work and work to my expectations. Thanks.

9. 1FST4DR

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    3/8 npt is the thread size in our Cans..

10. 1FST4DR

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392

Hello

we make no secret on how our Cans are designed and work. Plenty of pics out there on the internet of our 2 chamber top . And plenty have copied it as well. As the saying goes "Imitation is the best form of flattery" That being said please see below for a pic of our Can disassembled. As an engineer Im sure can agree sometimes going after the KISS method works And thats exactly what we did here. We have not changed our design. This is the original Modern Mopar Can designed back in 2007.

Please do not ever hesitate to give us a call for ANY questions concerns ,complaints or ideas. Lets face it. We wouldn't be here without You the consumer.

Thanks for the interest

Scott

PS Please note we no longer use plastic type fittings.. The Can is 6061 aluminum, The mesh is SS and the current fittings are Brass.

[​IMG]

11. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Didn't order BT...
    Order another and it arrived the next day. Easy 5 minute install since everything is cut and measured to length. Too simple, looks good.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  12. Johnny

Johnny Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC Germany President

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi Billet, cool you are here ! :)
    1. when we choose the catch can for the Hellcat, is the bracket included?
    2. I find the flexible tubing looks cheap, can we change it with the Billet Technology Catch Can Black Braided Line Kit 6.4L (392) looks much better!
    image.jpg
    [​IMG]

13. BTHeidi

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hi Johnny good moring.

Yes comes complete out of the box with the bracket and you can get it with the braided line kit as well.
    Hellcat Oil Catch Can

If you need any help at all please just give us a call or send an email on in. Thaks again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. greenwithenvy

greenwithenvy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the info Scott. I do have a couple of questions:

You show wire mesh in the photo. Do you use mesh on both sides?

Do you have any test data to show the screen is effective at separating the air/oil? Screen as supposed to some kind of diffuser or filter....

Do you offer a mount away from the engine heat where it would be more effective?

Do you have any test data comparing other cans to yours?

I am sure I will have a few more but that's what I can think of right now

Thanks.

15. 1FST4DR

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    See above :) And thanks...