Hellcat Challenger - Production Status - Sept&Nov 5 2014 (Posted 3/10/15)

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by TIGwelder, Mar 10, 2015.

1. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A "Then and now" for reference

First from 9/8/2014 ( Dealer received email and then passed it on to customer a few days later)

image.jpg

Then Nov 5th 2014

image.jpg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. LelandJim

LelandJim Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks clear to me !!

3. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Advising dealers to tell their customers there would be waits, and not even they could give a timeframe.
    But no limitations and "build whatever the market demands"

4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i think if they can produce 6,000 they will be caught up....and next year it will probably be 4,000 or less.......they make 4000+ gt500's a year....i dont think after the 1st year rush ends that they will sell more HC's than GT500's........Ford has a much higher following than does Dodge..........but then again Ted Nugent owns a HC, so it may be the coolest car to own forever

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well they went from "no limitations" to "they ordered too many" and 1 car a month.

And this was 2 months after the day 1 orders were already in.

This goes along with others that mention "the number of" Hellcats going to dealers on allpar* released around end of Jan, early February.

Taking new orders is not building to demand with "no limitations". That's ignoring the demand.

*Reference:
    Allpar- February
    "Dealers can place orders for as many Hellcats as they wish"
    News Hellcat allocations clarifiedAllpar Chrysler Dodge and Jeep News Allpar Chrysler Dodge and Jeep News

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    im still trying to figure out how they handle CAFE standards.....Ford has tons of ecoboost 4 cylinders.....Dodge doesnt really have anything like it.......Ford has an aluminum truck...Ford appears to be 110% ready for 2016 Cafe standards......where is Dodge?? how can they produce tons 707hp cars that get 10mpg.....they dont seem prepared at all.....they still use the 5.7liter in everything....they dont seem to be switching over to eco cars at all.........im wondering how they can product 10,000+ 707hp cars and still have a fleet average mpg needed for cafe.....between challengers and chargers i assume they will be over 10,000 this year

im sure Chevy makes 10,000+ vets a year, but i think they get 26mpg+
    Everything new from Ford seems like a twin turbo v6...GM is moving the same way with its cadillacs.............Dodge----F= Cafe

i lose sleep at night worrying about Dodge vs Cafe

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Beeman

Beeman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Was told by dealer FCA sells a lot of diesels and they are better on milage than Fords ecoboost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Noquarter

Noquarter Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well.. If I was a dealer based on that letter, then i take all the orders i can as well. "No intentions to limit production" and "and we will build whatever market demands" but "limit customer expectaions"

Nowhere in their does it say stop taking orders..... Or limit the orders you take. BF told me 6-8 months based on his information at the time. That sounds reasonable (at the time) as far as helping people undersand the expectaions.

So tell me again how he was wrong and/or where allocation clearly states limiting orders? And the guy got thrown under the bus for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Menesesjesse

Menesesjesse #147

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They get around it with Fiats and 200s. Without Fiat, the Hellcat would not be made probably. Ultimately this is why they are pushing the lesser cars heavily so they can sell these cars. Basically it is a balancing act. Moreover, the 8 speed tranny is helping the bigger cars bring in better gas milage to offset the engine sizes.

• Agree Agree x 2