Hellcat Challenger Transport 24 foot enclosed trailer loading will it rub???

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Helldog, May 13, 2016.

1. Helldog

Helldog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hopefully tomorrow I will finally purchase a Challenger Hellcat. I have a 24 foot enclosed car hauler and am concerned that the front of the car will be too low for me to load it without rubbing or removing something. Any advice?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shadow

Shadow Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I used a set of ramp extenders to get mine in and out of the trailer, and it worked perfectly. Would have rubbed the splitter without them. Also had it on a roll back wrecker once and we used some 2 x 6's to get past the pinch point of the splitter rubbing. Get a few short boards handy, if you don't have access to ramp extenders, take your sweet time with someone guiding you that has a brain, and you'll be able to get it in and out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    my 2011 srt didnt rub on my lift, but my HC does....so its pretty low...i added some ramp extensions to prevent further damage...id recommend bringing some plywood and a battery circle saw...drive it up slow and if its going to rub add some plywood under your ramp

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Picture of the trailer would help, all trailers are different in height so the angle of the ramp is different, you can jack up on the trailers front jack point to reduce the angle.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Sawdust

Sawdust SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Any reason not to just drive the thing home?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Beat me to it Sawdust! Great way to move through your break in period quickly.

7. Helldog

Helldog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Potential damage, wear and tear, I have an enclosed trailer why not use it?

8. Rocket Man

Rocket Man Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ^^^This FTW^^^

Also, depending on how the wheel wells are configured, it *may* not squeeze between them and/or if they are drive over wells, the angles could be too severe & drag the undercarriage depending on height.

Be prepared to crawl out through the trunk if necessary if the trailer walls are too narrow.

9. JT's shaker

JT's shaker Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hauled mine home in my 24 foot Haulmark trailer, without any issues. However I did raise the front of the trailer with the jack to minimize any possibility of the splitter hitting the ramp. I had to modify the inside of the trailer later, in order to utilize the side exit door. I had to raise the car by installing 2 X 12 boards on the floor, so the Cat would ride up on them. It was necessary to cut them on an angle and stagger them like a ramp so they wouldn't hit the splitter. Screwed them to the floor, and it's worked well for me.

10. Sawdust

Sawdust SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I guess that's understandable.
    As TC mentioned a picture would help, or maybe manufacturer/model. I have a Haulmark enclosed race trailer which the hemi'cuda clears, barely. It is as low as the HC but I had to put blocks and plates where the wheels sit to have the door clear the trailer wheel wells.

11. Challengerfarmer

Challengerfarmer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a Sharp 24' enclosed trailer. Had it special made so the left side escape door is right in front of the fenders.
    Loaded the Hellcat it in last weekend. It was close on the front and also the mirrors are a tight fit going past the door opening, but no problems. I have the nose of my trailer set fairly high, which helps lessen the angle. Then it levels out once the car is loaded since the front of the car is about 18" from the front of the trailer. Needs to be that far ahead so the car door is in line with the trailer door. Strapping it down is the fun part.

12. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good morning and congratulations on picking up your hellcat. In agreement with TC here and good idea to post this information to make sure everything goes OK

13. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The dip in a a driveway or a business like a gas station with poor levels isn't good. Our cars are lower and the splitter will rub or even break if we are not careful when pulling into the things I mentioned. I agree with using it however experience tells me this could be a fit issue by inches if it too low going into trailer

14. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just drive it. We just picked up a '16 and drove it 500 miles home. No problems except a few bugs. Its a car.

15. Helldog

Helldog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg It's a Cargo Craft Dragster. The ramp measures 8 feet long and over the 8 feet it rises 16 inches. I have 82 inches between the fender wells and the wells are 10 inches tall. Here's a pic of the ramp. I can't just drive it because it's only me so I don't have anyone to drive the other vehicle or drop me off.