Hellcat Challenger ZL4.5

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by jncrowe12, Apr 21, 2016.

1. jncrowe12

jncrowe12 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    There has been a R07 recall on the fuel rail on my Challenger hellcat for months.. says its undetectable and must be completed.. says it may leak at any time and could catch fire. My service dealer cannot get me the part.. they claim its a non orderable part.. its a auto replenish. The truck dealer where I purchased several hundred miles away has a part but will not send or sell it to my service dealer because they wont get a replacement sent unless they use it.. its been several months now and ive put 5000 more miles on my car.. every time I get in I wonder if it will catch fire this time... every time I get behind someone whos car is running rich I think my car is leaking raw fuel and pull over to check.. a potentially dangerous situation. Srt is no help in getting me my part. I now carry a fire extinguisher with me at all times.

2. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is terrible they should provide you a rental. I would have a loud talk with the new car manager and the service manager.

3. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are a lot of hellcat owners here that can help. Stay tuned!!!!

4. m5biemer

m5biemer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I had a similar issue with the raw fuel smell, took them 3 weeks to fix. Parts were too big to ship overnight, wrong part #'s ordered, a complete farce. I called the SRT hotline to open a case, you may wish to do the same, although they really were no help in the end. Mine had only 9 miles on it when I discovered the fuel smell, the PDI did not pick it up for some unknown reason. They offered me a rental which I didn't take as we have plenty of vehicles, but you should push for that.

5. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat