Hellcat Charger For Sale

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Loanwolf, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Loanwolf

Loanwolf Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We have Hellcat Challenger and have a Hellcat Charger on order that should be in the first week of May. We are thinking of selling it. We would merely want our deposit back and you could buy at dealer sticker. The dealer does add $1300 in dealer installed options which is not negotiable. I know this as I have bought numerous cars there; Tint, theft window vin etching & paint / interior "desert protection". I plan to offer it to my son first and if he does not want it, will offer it to someone in the community. Any interest?
    FH820847 - Charger
    Current
    .. Scheduled for Build (D1) 03/21/2015 05:53 AM CDT Brampton Assembly, ON
    Projected
    .. At Facility 04/08/2015 11:00 PM CDT Agincourt, ON
    .. Loaded On Railcar 04/15/2015 06:00 PM CDT Agincourt, ON
    .. Railcar - Interchanged 04/28/2015 08:00 PM CDT Kansas City, KS
    .. Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 05/03/2015 12:00 AM CDT Phoenix, AZ
    .. Unloaded From Railcar 05/03/2015 08:00 AM CDT Phoenix, AZ

It is Granite Crystal with the brown Sepia Leather Interior and a sun roof.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  2. Tannehill

Tannehill Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, that's pretty lame and doesn't fly here. We're a community to help each other find a car, not make someone buy it from us. "Selling the right to buy it"....what kind of shady shit is that? :rolleyes:

How about you just hand your VON/order to someone on site who is looking for one and let them take over the purchase from the dealer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Loanwolf

Loanwolf Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We are leaning towards buying a Viper as we already have a Hellcat. I do not need this site to make money my friend. I can assure you of that. My intention with the post was to gauge interest and get ideas. I have a non-refundable deposit that I would need to get back. If I need to, I will write a check when it comes in and post it for sale on eBay. It is not a big deal. No need to make more of it that what it is.

4. Tannehill

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    LOL...love it when "Moneybags" try to make a quick buck, but then when called out say they don't need the money. Well, since you don't need the money I guess you can eat the deposit since you are the one changing your mind :)

I'd be asking myself though: Why does the dealer think it's legal to keep my deposit? If it's the same dealer, why can't I slide the deposit on the Viper?

Either way you look at it, your attempt to offer your newly used Hellcat Charger for sale, or sell the OPPORTUNITY to buy your Charger Hellcat on order.....is weak sauce. You aren't the first person to try either of these here, and it is met with a fairly consistent thumbs down. Now if you want to pass the order on free of charge, that would be awesome and a truly class act, after all, you say that you don't need the money.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Loanwolf

Loanwolf Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    While you misunderstand or take my post differently that what I intended; I have amended my verbiage accordingly. Your thoughts and point are noted.
    Thank you.

6. Tannehill

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I did not misunderstand, your original verbiage is quoted in my initial reply in that you wanted to sell it after taking delivery or selling the ability to take over the order.

Regardless, your offer now is much better. this would have to be communicated to the dealer though so they don't screw over the new buyer with a higher MSRP and that they remember to apply your deposit to what is owed once it comes in (since the new buyer is reimbursing you).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Loanwolf

Loanwolf Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I do not want to fence about it as it is not that big of a deal. If we do decide to sell it, we merely want our deposit back. This dealer does not have any Vipers and we would not order one as there are too many deals out there on existing ones.

8. Loanwolf

Loanwolf Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i just posted some info about it as to facilitate the legitimacy of it. I would coordinate everything with the dealer. If I do not sell it prior to delivery; I will sell it after and list on the appropriate sites though I will be respectful of the site here will not mention it here or utilize the site for such action.

9. patrick77

patrick77 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    it was clear to me he only wanted his deposit back...loanwolf sounds like a stand up guy

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. RPM Junkie

RPM Junkie Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well said patrick77. I'm interested. How can I reach out to you Loanwolf?

11. Tannehill

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Look at my very first post following the original. It has his ORIGINAL posting which precipitated the conversation you read, quoted. If you got that from his original post.....then you two speak a different form of English than I do.

12. Galt

Galt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Is there some way to stop the dealer vandalizing it before delivery or is that set in stone?

13. Loanwolf

Loanwolf Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    PM me and I will get you my contact info. Thank you.

14. Loanwolf

Loanwolf Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is pretty set. They do it on all their vehicles. The tint is a good thing and quality. I have the put Chrysler's Master Shield on instead of the desert paint protection. In regards to what they do to or how they treat the interior; I am at a loss but did tell them that when the time comes, I wish to be there to see what I am paying for.

15. Loanwolf

Loanwolf Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will concede that my wording was not the best but feel Tannehill was out of line and over reacted. That said, I am a fan of his. We all react differently to things. I am not going to rake him over the coals or swear etc. I will say this; I got 14 pieces of mail today when I went to my PO Box. 12 of them were asking for money due to the amount I donate to various charities. I want my deposit back and nothing else. My son will decide in the next day or so as to if he wants it and if not, it will go to whoever else does. Otherwise, I will take it and post it for sale. It is far from a dire financial situation for me.