Hellcat, Clear bra precut kits? DIY?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by soundman5000, Jul 14, 2015.

1. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thinking of installing a clear bra on my Hellcat Challenger and doing the install myself. I am having a hard time finding a precut kit.

I have considered having the work done professionally but can only find one shop with-in 100 miles and I just don't feel comfortable going with that shop and honestly don't want to spend the money but still considering it ( shop was just over $1K, 3M non precut ) Shop says will need the car for min 2 full days and I get into the red key thing like in other post and 2 days with my car??? I don't know...

The only online precut kits I can find for the Hellcat is Xpel and that stuff direct is crazy expensive. I know it is great stuff but $1,700? That should be the price of a paint job not plastic wrap to protect it??? The online pricing I see from Xpel is almost $1,700 for the hood, fender and bumper kit and that is with me installing it! Is that $ not high for just product? I see some off brand kits on eBay under $400 but nothing for a Hellcat and wondering about quality of a eBay kit if I do find one...

I installed Xpel headlight protection on a WRX and that was tuff to do as that light had curves but the 2nd light was easer than the 1st as I got the hang of it. I will say the xpel headlight kits are a great product, I think I paid $45 a set (pic attached) and very thick.

I helped a friend years ago do some vinyl sign lettering on a bus so I have at least done this kinda thing before but never to the scale of a clear bra.
    Can anyone offer any advice on available product or thoughts or how I can find Xpel less expensive? Im in South Carolina if anyone knows of a shop I need to call as I will consider all options.
    THX!
    [​IMG]

2. Lew

Lew Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Auto Paint Guard in Tampa FL did my Expel clear bra. They sell the pre cut kits on their web site.
    Auto Paint Guard
    Their kit prices are less than you quoted. Talk with the owner. I'm told that one piece hood install will challenge a seasoned professional so you may not want to tackle it yourself.

I only did the front bumper assembly Part Number: P0733X.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 2
  3. soundman5000

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That info helps! I wish I had an shop like that in my area as I would have them do the job but those kits look nice and the pricing works! Thanks for the information, now just wonder if I can do the job myself?

4. Lew

Lew Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wouldn't advise it Soundman. I look at mine from two feet away and can't tell it is there. Why spend all that cash and chance bubbles and stretch marks? Road Trip!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I paid $500 for Xpel on the front bumper, rear view mirrors and behind the rear tires....

$1,700 sounds pricy? Where they doing the whole hood and doors?

6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i paid around $1100-1200 for 1/3 hood, bumper, sides, mirrors, door handles installed

i dont think its something you could do yourself...not well...

keeping the car for 1-2 days is normal....the guy i used who rushed it on my wifes truck required 3 extra trips back for things to be redone and i can still find flaws that need a 4th return trip......best to hire someone who wants to take his time

7. soundman5000

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No that $1700 price is from the Xpel website and is just for product direct from XPEL. Hood, & bumper, Info can be found Paint Protection Film - XPEL Technologies Corp.
    Looks like that shop in Florida ( noted in above post) sells the same xpel kits cheeper vs buying direct from xpel as $1,700 is high IMO for just product.

My local shop quoted me $1,050 product & install for 3M shop cut (not a kit) 18" up the hood, front bumper and mirrors. No Xpel dealers in my area. Only one Xpel shop in my state and is 6 hrs away.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015