SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Hellcat crate engine for sale

70K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  MoparProud 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Perhaps it was just pulled out of a crashed pre-production Hellcat Chall, seems unlikely Dodge would be providing crate engines at a price where one could be resold without a big loss, so who knows?!

#8 ·
I've had two other MOPAR shops confirm that they also can get these...

#9 ·
Are these just random performance shops, or sourced through dealers, or what?

I'll go ask my dealer tomorrow, but pretty sure I know the answer I'll get. And I'm sure the price from them would be near-$30k

#10 ·
16,750 which I think includes an engine controller much like the other crate engines sold thru Dodge, not bad considering the engine is forged and has the blower..

Reactions: 630
#15 ·
Yes, it is a complete factory assembly line engine with just the factory installed harness no ecu. We have been trying to get these since we heard they were even a dream! They are an awesome value for reliable HP. Where else will you find something so well built for the same money. We believe we have the first engine only on the ground in the USA as we had the first order in. We have two more coming and very excited Hellcat potential. We will be installing one of these in a vintage ride very soon. We will make sure to post here. If anyone had any question feel free to contact us as it's our goal to provide a resource for the SRT/Hellcat community

#19 ·
I guess your going to use a FAST system or equivalent to try and get this going?

#20 ·
Actually I can tell you we are not planning on using fast or aem ecus. We are planning on utilizing something much more relevant to the factory installed crowd, but I don't want to offer to many details or get people's hopes up until it is proven... but we are excited and should have some wicked video to share too

#22 ·
BTW, I had asked my MOPAR parts guy about a hellcat short/long block availability and he cam back with they are in the system but not available unless engineering ok's the sale, may be in time as this would be a great option if the price is right and maybe a big KB or whipple added to the top and older electronics to run them.

#23 ·
Well this didn't last long, Dodge closed the door on getting one of these and has recalled all that were shipped and even the one that made it into the customers hands, not sure how they plan on getting that one back,LOL

Reactions: NinjaChicken
#24 ·
Yes for now the restriction is back on. Our first engine had already been paid for and shipped. Going in an awesome project I will talk about later. We have forwarded there information to the relevant parties. What they decide to do from here is outside of out control. We are hoping to become a resource for FCA and SRT to help sell parts much like GO has sold the ZR1 engines. We will update hellcat.org when we get our next engine.

#25 ·
Keep us updated on how things play out, I had also been asking for long block information and that needed engineering approval, I'm not sure why the stoppage as they weren't going to sell very many of these, but there is a hint of a shortage in engines that has been brought up..

#26 ·
Damn, that sucks. That really really REALLY sucks! I wanted a Hellcat engine in my '70 Challenger SOOOOO bad!

Are they going after the engine that a customer bought then? I'd tell them to pound sand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.