Hellcat dealer disappointment

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by bfusion, Sep 20, 2014.

1. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I ordered my new Hellcat last week from my dealer. I happened to be in the dealersip in the beginning of August on another matter, when I asked about the Hellcat. I was informed by my salesman that they were alloted 5 units of 1200, of which 3 were already sold. Immediately I gave them $5000 to reserve mine. When I ordered, I was informed I had to buy the "Richmond Plan" to the tune of $3900.This plan replaces lost keys, a tire and paint warranty of which I was given no details. They told me no plan, no Hellcat. Anybody run into anything like this? I ordered it anyway but am a bit pissed and wont go back there for any other purchases

2. EDDIE

EDDIE Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    that is such a lye go to another dealer or call my guy a no markers up at all {Robert Frederick} known as bob tell him Eddie sent me from jersey

Robert L. Frederick II
    President
    Frederick Scat Pack
    (330)550-5432

3. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Total bull crap! I ordered mine through my dealer at MSRP. There are other threads about this and quite a few dealers are trying to take advantage of this. The first dealer I talked to told me $20k over MSRP. Sounds like they have more orders than cars and was greedy about it. I ready have my VIN so you might check to see what the status is of your order. Good luck!

4. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I already have 5K put down on it that I dont want to lose. I saw on one of the forums that the dealers make $5400 on MSRP plus what they make on options. I dont want to have to hire an attorney to get my $5000 back, but that is too much to waste. Maybe I will wait until it comes in and then try to pressure them. I put the money down with a credit card, I could complain to the credit card company

5. william

william Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    did you sign something that makes it a binding contract? your money should be refundable if the order has not been processed by dodge.

6. EDDIE

EDDIE Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you right you didn`t sign any forms I will just call up the credit card get the money back and look for another dealership

7. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There is no binding contract when a car is ordered, to the best of my knowledge. The total and the "Richmond Protection Plan" are not even on my order sheet from 09/10/2014. I guess its up to me if I want to tell them to bag it. Unless I get 5 new sets of rear tires due to lack of useable tread, the Richmond plan is out!! :) :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You might be able to get out of it if they ordered more cars than they were allotted and your car is back ordered. As I indicated in previous thread, my dealer sent me an email as soon as a VIN was assigned to my car and there is a thread with the order status codes which I was able to determine my order was accepted and it is in build mode. The dealer should be able to tell you the status. From what I am reading, most of the dealers first allotment is ordered and they are taking orders for their December orders. Maybe you can find a dealer in the area that isn't pulling that overcharge b.s. Good luck.

9. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry you had to deal with such BS. I was given the run around by 3 different sales rep at the current dealership I went to. They had no idea what the heck they were saying out of their mouth. I got a bit irritated so I emailed the VP of finance who helped me on my super bee in the past and got a senior sales rep who took care of me right away with a $5K deposit.

Then for kicks I called another dealership and they wanted $20K over MSRP for the hellcat, and that came directly from the General Manager. I told them "Just so you know, the CEO of dodge will give your dealership less allocation over time of Hellcats if you can't sell them. I might as well get a Dodge Viper being that it's only $5K difference with that markup." Even the rep agreed it was ridiculous. The rip off dealership in question is Gillman Dodge Chrylser Jeep and Ram.

10. Smitty

Smitty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have the answer for you. Buy the car , buy the plan , then cancel the plan. It's an aftermarket deal and a dealer cannot force you to get it, so, after you get the car , cancel the plan...

11. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No refunds on The Richmond Plan. Already checked

12. 71hcc

71hcc Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, you can look at it this way, at least you are getting something for the extra money that you are paying when no one else that paid a mark up is.

13. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Already ordered another one on 9/25 from another dealer. They have my money, I have a VON. In the next allotment first order

14. 71hcc

71hcc Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's right, I remember reading that now. Your in the same boat as I am, my order should get picked up next round

15. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    cross our fingers Bud!