Hellcat Engine & Dyno Testing

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by nycAirSpeed, Oct 10, 2015.

1. nycAirSpeed

nycAirSpeed Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    - Hope everyone is having a better day than I (...& no, I'm having a great day) -
    - A scary question popped into my head, & since Halloween is approaching -
    - Since each Hellcat engine is dyno-ed for about 45 min @ 90%, is it possible to see how each did, are the results kept? -
    - Someone 'prolly asked this question before, so I'm hoping for a link, similar to the one where you can find out about VONs & VINs, or production numbers; I've not been able to find that thread, sadly -
    - Yet, if there is no thread, & its possible, please lets start keepin' that info here -
    :rolleyes:

2. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not possible.

They run it on a dyno for initial startup and break-in And it comes down to pass and fail. I believe the most they take it to is 80% load. They use the dyno cells at the Saltillo plant.

In order to develop the Hellcat engine they had to upgrade the dynos at Chrysler NA to handle them. The dynos in Saltillo are the same ones they test other engines with.

Search youtube for "Challenger megafactories"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob Sold

Rob Sold Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine had 674 on the back wheels on a dyno jet hot. The tuner said he could get me 35 more hp but what would I do with it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ummugumma

ummugumma Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi Rob, nice number on the dyno. Mine pulled a 676 on a Dynojet. The part I found realy interesting is, the power was still climbing when the governor cut in. The dyno guy feels their should be another 50-100 hp by moving or eliminating the governor ! He used a 1.25 factor ( for a manal trans ) and came up with 848 hp at the flywheel, even going with a conservative 1.2, that gives me 814 hp !! BTW, to get a proper dyno run without the traction control kicking back in, remove the ABS fuse.

5. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    WOW that's exciting stuff! ---- I'm not familiar with governor especially that it could be eliminated to achieve over 800 HP ?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  6. Rob Sold

Rob Sold Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine is an a8 and I think he did pull a fuse.He has been a tuner for years but had to call someone else to find out what gear to use I think.
    This was in February so I'm not sure. I di remember the numbers.