SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Hellcat Exhaust Valve delete semulator kit on eBay

33K views 106 replies 46 participants last post by  BDharley07 
#1 ·
Text Font Parallel
Hey fellas
Just came across this exhaust valve by pass simulator kit.
Looks legit and defiantly works
Looks like a great way to make our cats louder without causing negative engine codes.
You can find this one eBay.
Type in the title from my pic of it.
Looking for feedback !
What you all think.
Love the sound of the exhaust when we first start them up but valve closes after warm up and blaaaaa
Our new mustang friends out there have an awesome sounding exhaust so I wanna give them a little noise back !!
Opinions welcomed !!

See less See more
#6 ·
That is my kit. We have a few members running them here and several on Challengertalk. I personally don't like the mid muffler delete and prefer a small chambered mid muffler to retain back pressure. I run the Flowmaster Super 10's as a mid muffler and a resonator delete.

There is so much misinformation on the operation of the valves out there on the forums. Track mode engaged or not, under certain loads, rpm and speed the OEM active exhaust valves close to reduce noise. These valves are part of EPA noise compliance for the big 6.4L and 6.2L Hemis. That is why you don't find active exhaust control on the smaller 5.7 series engines. I would like to eventually rig a camera under the car focused on the simulators pivot arm and drive the car through various loads, rpm and speed so you can clearly see the computer controlling the simulator.

An electronic solution to controlling the valves I just don't see happening. The control of these valves is a complex algorithm buried in the ECM code. It's not something that you can just tap into the OBD II port and have access to like a gaining access to a program or opening up a factory option. Your talking about trying to interface with a live control algorithm map between the AES valve motors and the ECM. The cost of development and production of an electronic interface is just too high and the demand too low. Trust me....I investigated this route first lol!

Here is the AES simulator installation video for reference. All forum members get a 10% discount on these kits if ordered direct through a PM to me on the forum.

#8 ·
That is my kit. We have a few members running them here and several on Challengertalk. I personally don't like the mid muffler delete and prefer a small chambered mid muffler to retain back pressure. I run the Flowmaster Super 10's as a mid muffler and a resonator delete.

There is so much misinformation on the operation of the valves out there on the forums. Track mode engaged or not, under certain loads, rpm and speed the OEM active exhaust valves close to reduce noise. These valves are part of EPA noise compliance for the big 6.4L and 6.2L Hemis. That is why you don't find active exhaust control on the smaller 5.7 series engines. I would like to eventually rig a camera under the car focused on the simulators pivot arm and drive the car through various loads, rpm and speed so you can clearly see the computer controlling the simulator.

An electronic solution to controlling the valves I just don't see happening. The control of these valves is a complex algorithm buried in the ECM code. It's not something that you can just tap into the OBD II port and have access to like a gaining access to a program or opening up a factory option. Your talking about trying to interface with a live control algorithm map between the AES valve motors and the ECM. The cost of development and production of an electronic interface is just too high and the demand too low. Trust me....I investigated this route first lol!

Here is the AES simulator installation video for reference. All forum members get a 10% discount on these kits if ordered direct through a PM to me on the forum.

So true. A lot of people run rampant on this forum spewing garbage they think is true. It gets pretty annoying to be honest. I've said it at least a dozen times that track mode alone does not open the valves.

Anyway, kudos to you for creating a cool workaround!

#21 ·
I like it however I am not too keen on the idea of leaving things open. The motor, after time and being exposed to the elements, I would assume would have the risk of seizing or locking up and thereby throwing codes.

I would pay more if there was a plate to cover the exhaust valve mount where the motor was and if somehow the simulator was boxed so it would seal the armature from the elements when you attach the motor to it.

Call it Hellcat Exhaust Valve Delete Simulator Kit 2.0!

Granted most won't be driving during bad weather but I had no option a few weeks ago and this would bug me.

#22 ·
The OEM AES valve motor itself is sealed. There is no factory seal between the OEM motor and the OEM mechanical exhaust valve. You will see this in the installation video when the motor is removed. Also if you look at the OEM mechanical exhaust valve where the motor mounts you will see holes in the housing to disperse water build up and condensation. Yes the simulator is exposed but that is of no concern since the limiter/pivot arm on the simulator uses sealed bearings and again the OEM electric motor itself is a sealed unit.

#23 · (Edited)
I'm just not impressed with the fact there is only a piece of wire and a nut on one end of the wire holding the exhaust flap open. That wire will eventually heat up and lose it's tension and possibly pop out of place without a nut securing both ends of the wire. I think the whole setup needs to be refined a little more before I would consider buying a set...

[Edit] Corrected a couple of typos.

#24 ·
I'm just impressed with the fact there is only a piece of wire and a nut on one end of the wire holding the exhaust flap open. That wire will eventually heat up and loose it's tension and possibly pop out of place without a nut securing both ends of the wire. I think the whole setup needs to be refined a little more before I would consider buying a set...
I hear ya and thought of that too. But I would image that is a heat treated piece of wire.

I like it and seriously think I want mine in stealth black. Wait and see approach for what others experience but hat's off to developing this in the first place!

Reactions: Leavnu2
#25 ·
like the concept but not nuts over using a wire strand holding valve open and then wire ties to hold the unit to emergency brake cable to flop around. I believe a little more refinement needed.

I'd like to see a stacked plate where the simulator was added then a second plate to hold the unit in place and valve open. Kind of a simulator sandwich! Then the whole thing could be put back in place with the original nuts on the exhaust pipe where it belongs.

#28 ·
I have the kit and it's awesome bought it directly from Timmbo works great just wish it would stop raining here
Hey can you upload some vids with the valve delete? Would love to hear the sound at idle,revs, and driving! I'm trying to decide between mid delete or valve delete and would be nice to have more vids to compare, any help would be greatly appreciated!

#29 ·
Not sure what you're looking for in terms of videos but the first page of this thread has both muffler delete before and after and the valve delete video.

#31 ·
View attachment 41141 Hey my son just bought a new Camaro and it sounds awesomefellas
Just came across this exhaust valve by pass simulator kit.
Looks legit and defiantly works
Looks like a great way to make our cats louder without causing negative engine codes.
You can find this one eBay.
Type in the title from my pic of it.
Looking for feedback !
What you all think.
Love the sound of the exhaust when we first start them up but valve closes after warm up and blaaaaa
Our new mustang friends out there have an awesome sounding exhaust so I wanna give them a little noise back !!
Opinions welcomed !!

#33 ·
Your videos are well done- they show your product the installation well-

When folks have had issues with squeaky valves-

Is this an issue with the butterfly making noise from inside the pipes or from a noise in the motor that controls it outside the pipes?...............just curious

#34 · (Edited)
It's the butterfly inside the pipe that makes the noise. I know a lot of people are claiming they are getting complete new exhaust units from Dodge. I have fixed about 3 separate vehicles just by taking the motors off and spraying a little bit of rust penatrant where the valve goes into the pipe. Seems to do the trick. Fixed 3 that have yet to come back with the same complaint.

#35 ·
I love the idea of the valve delete and it will be my first mod. Hate the thought of any exhaust value reducing the flow to the size of a thumb hole. Thanks so much for making this product. For $160 it is a no brainer and something I can do myself. If my neighbors won't lynch me - this + mid delete.

Reactions: Max57
#41 ·
Thank you for the good write up on your product it's obvious from the video that you take great care and pride and manufacturing the device simulator. It looks like the best option to keep the valves open to me, easy return to stock in the case of any issues.
Of coarse I would like to rid the entire car of the valves. But at this time it does not look like an option, the motors and some sort of simulator are required to make sure the car doesn't throw a problem code.
If and when anyone comes up with a plug or electronic device that takes the place of the motor to tell the computer everything is fine, similar to the skip shift eliminator for the M6 cars, the need for a simulator will be eliminated.
But for now the product looks like a quality piece and the installation instructions are perfect in the video and I have no doubt that it will work just fine
Thank you Timmbo

#42 ·
I just installed my kit from Timmbo yesterday and he is on the money with everything. It was more of a pain to raise my car, than it was to actually complete the install. There is NO WAY the locking pin is not going to hold the valve open and the wire tires will more than suffice. I also did not lose any clearance after installation and the best part, it will take all of 30-40 minutes to restore everything back to stock. I requested my kit be made in black and it arrived just as requested within 3-4 days. I am very pleased with this kit and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to any other owners out there.

Reactions: FreightTrain
#47 ·
#48 ·
Received my kit from timmbo. Requested it in flat black. I agree with timmbo on his comments about the kit. The only thing I did was replace the three mounting bolts & two stop needle bolts & nuts with stainless steel hardware. 10-32 2.500 length. 8-32 .750 length. Total cost about $13.00. Even what I did is really overkill.

#51 ·
Timmbo,

YOU addressed the issue.

YOU found a solution.

YOU showed how to do it.

YOU made it work.

Congratulations to YOU.

YOU make this forum.worthwhile!

Thank YOU!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.