Hellcat Extended Warranty???

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by twenty8eight, Nov 13, 2015.

1. twenty8eight

twenty8eight Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So while I anxiously await for my build date, I wanted to ask the group a few questions...

What are everyone's thoughts on the extended warranty that I am sure they are going to try to sell me when I get there to pick her up?

I assume they will have multiple options in terms of timeframe, but what are most people going with?
    Do the majority of you think it is worth it or no?
    Also, any ballparks on how much it adds to the price?

2. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's a waste of money. You probably won't own the car past the factory warranty in spite of what your plans might be now. They are notorious for finding ways to not pay claims.

3. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Depends on how long you plan to keep the car, miles you drive and tolerance for out of pocket expense. Another thing to keep in mind is that the 2016s powertrain warranty is reduced from what the 2015s was.

The earliest I ever traded a vehicle in was over 6 years old. If you keep your vehicles 3 years, it gives you almost nothing.

4. Robocop1127

Robocop1127 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just purchased a 2016 Challenger Hellcat and they tried to sell me an additional warranty that would take my 3 yr 36k mile warranty to a 5 yr 60k mile warranty for an additional $1,590. I have 1 year to decide and if anything's going to show itself it's normally going to be within the first year so I myself would pass on the warranty unless your having issues within the first few months. Pretty much a waste of funds!!!

5. BigD2112

BigD2112 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Do yourself a big favor. Go online and shop and buy the warranty. Now if you are going to just drive it on weekends then take your chance. I think a 7/75 max care can be bought for around 2,200. This is not that much money when you are dropping close to 65,000 plus on a car with a supercharger and a list of very expensive parts. I have bought one on previous SRT and did not use it and recovered around 50% of the amount when I bought my hellcat. So if you trade in recover part of the cost and if you sell then premium price since you will offer peace of mind to your new buyer than only a manufacturers warranty can offer

6. twenty8eight

twenty8eight Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the comments guys...Still on the fence a little...I intend to keep the cat for years to come so while I have never bought the warranty on previous vehicles I am contemplating getting it this time...mostly because of the supercharger....

7. Plum 16

Plum 16 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If you don't keep the car long, you can get a refund of the unused time. I have always found a way to make these pay off.