SRT Hellcat Forum banner

HELLCAT FOR SALE

17K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  Russ Baskin 
#1 ·
My Dealer just received his first allocation and the guy a head of me backed out. He wants $10K over MSRP which is $61,675. If you mention that you are a friend of mine he said he will give it to you at $5000 over. It is Sublime Green with only the navigation option. The dealer is located in NJ 732-462-1000. Ask for Tony or Rob. My Name is Russ Baskin say you are a customer/friend of mine. If you want to reach me call or text 732-433-6244. If you leave a credit card deposit i'm sure they will hold it. Do not call me to chat about it; as i know nothing more than i have told you. I am not taking it because mine is fully loaded in the same color and i am part of their december build and can wait. If you are successful please call me.

#4 ·
I know what your saying unfortunately, I fell into the hype that if i'm not one of the first 3 allocations at the dealer that i won't get one in 2015. No one knows whether or not this will be the case. All Dealers i located in Jersey and on the West coast of Florida wanted between $5000-$20000 over MSRP and had deposits on them. I found some in PA and TX at MSRP where I would be 13-51 on the list, feeling that I would never see in 2015 I elected to pay the vig. I have never done this before i always pay invoice for every new vehicle i have ever purchased. That being said, i am sure there are some others who are late to the game that would pay extra to drive this car tomorrow, i am just offering my assistance to make someone a happy holiday season if that is their desire. I don't make a dime on this; as a matter of fact it could possibly jeopardize my relationship with the dealer.

I have also been monitoring eBay as well. The first few were sold at $10-15K over invoice now they are down between $5K-$8K. I strongly believe they will be at MSRP or less after the second allocation is fulfilled.

#5 ·
Base price is $59,995 so $10,000 over is not $61,000

#8 ·
DUH gotcha! Thanksgiving brain, LOL!

#12 ·
$58...is MSRP, then their are option costs.

#14 ·
They'll be able to get $5K over no problem. I won't pay over MSRP but that is just me. If it was a limited run, then sure, but it's not. All the dealers around me are doing market adjustments except the low-volume dealer I'm using. But if you have the cash and don't want to wait 6mo+, then $5K market adjustment is reasonable, especially if you plan on keeping the car for a long time. Just think though, in probably less than a year, you will probably be able to buy under MSRP for on-lot inventory. Look at the poor guys who paid $25K+ market adjustments on the new Viper and now the MSRP dropped because they can't move them. Talk about taking a hit when you go to sell it or trade it in.

#17 ·
TEXASREVY should check this out, I thnk she is looking for green not sure about options that she wants but only at VON right now.

Also Freight Train Abe looking for green.
Maybe they would cover the shipping with the 5k mark up.
different people have a different yardstick when it comes to ADM. I'm not going for $5K over msrp but I'm sure somebody will.

spend much time chasing any new offering that's off-the-chain from any manufacturer and you have the whole ADM to deal with. some dealers do that just because they always do, and won't let go of it no matter what, including changes in demand. Cap Ford in San Jose had a brand new '08 Shelby KR that 6 months ago when I last drove past, was STILL sitting there with an $80K+ price that they wouldn't budge on even throughout the whole '13/'14 GT500 offering that had a superior car for le$$.

that used to piss me off, but call it greed or whatever, it's a free (relatively) market economy side effect and without a f.m.e. there would be no Hellcat. ain't nobody b*tchin' about ADMs in Russia or North Korea...for the obvious reason.

if YOUR demand meets THEIR price, IMO, more power to both of you and best of luck with the deal.

#31 ·
If you want it, buy it and keep your mouth shut. If not and you are not in the market for this car, why ***** about it's price, it doesn't effect you
Because it is a forum. People can share an opinion, and as long as it isn't out of line or someone is trying to sell their car to someone for a profit or directly targeting members to buy something, it should be free speech. The opinions vary and that is fair. Not many cars will go for MSRP at this point that aren't already committed to. I am sure someone will jump in the deal, but members can share an opinion. It was really nice that he posted this opportunity and I hope someone who wanted one can get it.;)

#34 ·
YT

EXCELLENT POST!
I agree completely. Cannot fathom why people would act as if it's now a crime to change your mind, or to decide a certain price that you'd be willing to part with something for?!? Heck, If somebody offered me a six figure sum, and I paid sticker, I'd probably take it. Guess that makes me a bad person, judging from some of the bizarre anti-capitalistic comments I see on the site!

#37 ·
I just went to my dealer today. I saw the car with my own eyes. They brought it outside and let me rev the motor. Now I'm excited. If it was spring time I might have forgone my options. Anyone that wants green and wants it today. It's here and available. Awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.