Hellcat Haters

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by HadesGata, Jun 28, 2016.

1. HadesGata

HadesGata Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just wondering if I'm the only one who's noticed some pretty strange reactions from other drivers on the road

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. JimmyJ

JimmyJ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Mostly just gotten a bunch of thumbs up with the occasional idiot trying to get something started (speed up, slow down kind of crap) Not much in the way of haters. Don't sweat their small...uh ahem!..IQ's. Hater=Jealous

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've never run across a hater in the real world, over the course of the year I've owned this car. ONLY online. Everyone talks a big game on the internet.

Everyone in the real world has had a lot of respect for the car, some completely spazz out when they see it. I rarely get out of a gas station without someone talking me up about the car.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. KoolKat

KoolKat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was at a car meet on Sunday. It was a mix of old and new cars. There was another Challenger there, which was a 2009 SRT8. When we went to look at the car, the owner was talking to another person about why the Hellcat was overrated. I spoke to the Challenge owner and politely said that I disagreed with what he said. He went on to rail against the Hellcat and told me why his modified Challenger SRT8 would destroy my Hellcat in a race.

I post a lot of Dodge and Mopar Facebook sites and the worst time that I have with people are those who own an R/T or SRT. Amazingly, most owners of Camaros, Mustangs and even Corvettes are usually complimentary. When I am driving, I usually get positive reactions from other drivers, but, the Hellcat is the type of car that will get strong reactions from people whether good or bad. This is the burden you will have to bear for owning the greatest muscle car ever made.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My observations are quite similar to yours. Check out this thread:

Does PCP HC draw too much attention?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SeeYouInHellcat

SeeYouInHellcat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This! Not everyone one, but the coldest and rudest I've been treated at car meets was from other Mopar owners. Just Sunday, at a Cars and Coffee, I had a couple (husband and wife) who had a 2012 R/T Charger act like complete assholes to me when I went to look at their car. My wife, who was with me at the meet, said that they were over earlier looking over my Hellcat pointing and making comments.

Anyone understand why this seems to be a thing?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Those are the guys I take out and beat them like they stole something.:mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Jealous... Plain and simple. Take him out and drag his ass.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Paladin06

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  10. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yup. Jealousy and insecurity. The Hellcat was a slap in the face to them. Shallow people. I avoid them like the plague. Life is too short for sucky people.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know there is an entire thread on up-badging, but to me, that shows how shallow the person really is. It's almost like wearing unearned decorations in the military, or unearned merit badges in Scouting...just be proud of what you have and stop hating on others that have different, and maybe perceived better, things. Worst is when they want to come brag about their tire width, or CAI, or some other snivel go-fast-bolt-on upgrade while pointing out a scratch, or a spot you missed cleaning, or how many car show trophies they've won, or some other stupid s*%t like that...laughable

Frankly, I'm fully with Paladin06 and solo7777 on this subject.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow... so far I haven't experienced anyone being negative, including MOPAR owners.

13. Silver Billet

Silver Billet VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I met a Corvette owner Saturday who did not know I had a Hellcat but went on to tell me how his car would easily dust one. He did have a Z07R with an auto trans and is probably correct but his tone was generally "Holier than Thou". I didn't let on and just listened to how special his car was...and it was actually pretty special.
    image.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You are a gentleman...plain and simple...you can't swing a cat around your head and hit nine Hellcat owners in the mouth, like you can with Corvette owners; Mustang owners, too, for that matter. HC = Halo; Corvette = yawn

15. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Here is what I think. Being serious though. Most folks have been positive (thumbs up, taking pics, asking about the car with a smile on their face, etc).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1