Hellcat Insurance

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by jcsernik, Jan 27, 2015.

1. jcsernik

jcsernik Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I picked up mine Thursday and went to the web site to add coverage for the car. I got all the way to the end and then it threw a generic error. I tried twice, then called my insurance company and they said they couldn't insure it because it doesn't meet their guidelines. That was 21st Century.... I have a homeowners policy from their parent company Farmers so I called my agent and he said that was pretty weird. After trying to fix it he eventually got back to me and said they would not do it but he could so I had to switch everything over to the new company. I had a 2012 Challenger SRT before that I sold but all told I saved $75 over what I used to pay interestingly. Anyone else have issues getting their cats insured?

2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got my quote yesterday. $206 increase annually over my departing '06 300C SRT8. I thought that was outstanding!

• Like Like x 1
  3. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    no issues here with GEICO.. did it all on the internet, only took a few minutes.. it was about 840 a year added as third car..

• Like Like x 2
  4. methaneman

methaneman Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No issues, I just gave them my VIN and they gave me a price (with multi-car discount) to add the car to my policy. Ended up being around $800 / 6 months (WITH new car replacement and GAP - only added $25 to the price). Not bad, since my Mazda3 was $680 for the same timeframe.

EDIT: I have Allied / Nationwide.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    nope, no issues and I have Farmers. Was actually less than my 2010 Charger SXT for the same coverage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have been with State Farm for so long that nobody can touch the discounted rates I have with them. I went from a 2013 Challenger 392, to the HellCat and the policy price only increased $162.00 a year between the two cars. I am female, 48, no accidents, no tickets.

April

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Same as Abe. I have Geico and gave them my VIN and my insurance went down $80 a year from my 2012 RT Charger to my 2015 Hellcat. I had them check the VIN twice to be sure that was right. Sure enough, insurance went down. No problem at all, took just a couple minutes.:D

8. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    State Farm, mine increased $37/mo over my 2006 SRT 8 Charger. Totally acceptable.

9. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was quoted ~80 a month, to add a Hellcat to my insured vehicles, which I thought was low.
    But then I hear stories of people that had their insurance costs DROP, when they went from a mere SXT or RT to a more formidable and more expensive Hellcat, --that baffles my brain, why would the rate be less, to jump to a new 'cat?!

10. MVT

MVT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have met life, before mine and my wife's two 2014 corolla's took one off put the Hellcat on and my insurance went up only $140.00 a year I was taken by surprise on that one:)

11. HCApologist

HCApologist Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Something to consider; I do know a friend who had a Lexus and a Porsche Boxster S. The Lexus was more to insure, even though much cheaper/less valuable and not a performance car. The insurance company told him that there were more Lexus' on the road than his Porsche as well as less Porsche's of that kind are wrecked, so his Lexus was a higher risk vehicle than the Boxster hence his cheaper rate on the Porsche. Maybe it's something like that, since the cars mentioned above like the SXT's are way more common maybe they are higher risk? Not all insurance companies assess risk the same way, so who knows, lol!

12. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree. I was thrown off when the Challenger Hellcat was less than my RT Charger. Maybe the Chally is less because you don't commonly have as many passengers? Also, my rate probably went down just because of safe driving and no tickets and when you get a new car they know you may comparison shop so, they give you best quote. I think several factors were in play. Certainly did not complain though.:D

13. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    SAFCO didn't have the Hellcat in it's system either, agent asked twice for me to check the vin

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. want2

want2 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has anybody tried either of the Grundy or Hagerty companies for yearly coverage. That way you can insure to a stated value. I know Grundy does not define miles or daily driver into the equation.

15. F6F

F6F BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yesterday I got tired of State Farm, went to Comparenow.com and got a quote from Elephant Insurance. They only operate in the Maryland/DC area. To my surprise, for my two cars (2013 Challenger SRT8 Core and 2008 Isuzu Ascender) I am going to be paying $1,120 dollars per year. Savings compared to SF? $700 dollars !!! Yes, I was paying $1,830 for both cars per year. They hiked my premiums starting in February 2015. So I guess that I will go with them for my Hellcat. And they will also insure my motorcycle, my house and condo for less money. Cannot be happier !!!