Hellcat - Laredo Dodge, TX - Poor Business Ethics

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by rayzazoo, Dec 19, 2014.

?

Is this ethical business practice?

1. Yes

9.1%
  2. No

90.9%
  1. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Talk about poor business practice and misleading:

[​IMG]

Called Laredo TX Dodge because they had a Hellcat advertised for $65,870 MSRP with a $2,935 dealer discount making the adjusted price of $62,945. During the call, the Internet Salesman says, there is a $10,000 market adjustment which would bring the price to $75,870. I said, then why is is listed as $62,945 with a dealer discount? The saleman says, we can honor the discount and make the price $72,945.

I said, why would I want to do business with you if your own dealership website is advertising a price that is not true? The salesmen then references at the bottom of their site saying:

"images, pricing, and options shown are examples only, and may not reflect exact vehicle color, trim, options, pricing, or other specifications"

I understand posting the price of the car on the web site and then mentioning a markup over the phone, but I don't see it as good business ethics if you advertise a "discount" from MSRP and then add a markup over the phone. It is very misleading and poor business practice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    See, this is happening all over the U.S. right now and they use the vins of our cars. I don't get how this is ethical. I was told that they automatically go into the system once they ship, I think it's all a crock of bull dung!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is definitely a deceptive business practice. If they advertise a price, then that should be the price (unless you negotiate something lower). Its happening all over like Tammie said.

To me, if they are being deceptive about this, what else might they be trying to hide?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    its always a computer error

i see them listed for sticker everywhere on line....and on their own website....but the real price is +10k

they all give the same stupid reason...computer error

i have told several off......telling them its unethical to advertise the wrong price and ive asked them how that gets them business? none have been able to answer how false advertising sells cars

if your going to gouge just advertise it correctly and stop wasting 100's of peoples time and effort.....

i am not even going to consider looking anymore until i see people here getting them for msrp on a normal basis.....there will always be dealers who want over sticker...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tspoon

Tspoon VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Simple, walk away. We all know they are bunch of Cluster
    F*****s.

Reminds me of a bunch of Banksters.......

Is anything Ethical nowdays. What's left?

6. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Direct sales on the internet. Pick up and papers signed at the dealership. Would get rid of a bunch of illegal aliens! How you say? Look at all the salesmen it would put on the street! They would be taking all those lawn cutting jobs back. I think most of the car salesmen I have met were previously lawn cutters until they moved their way up the ladder.

7. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry, nothing against lawn cutters

• Funny Funny x 1