Hellcat life. Please post your thoughts

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by MABBRYFL30, Jun 3, 2016.

1. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had a moment of epiphany just now when I was behind some type of gt mustang. How many times have we seen this kind of car or any other cars constantly drawing attention to their cars. We see kids and adults alike revving the cars and driving too fast. We see cars act like idiots pulling out of cruises and shows to show off. We know why they do it and it never makes sense. We shake our heads and think why would they do such stupid things

The reason why is that they know the only real way to get noticed is to do that. We drive hellcats, most of us know how to act and respect our cars.
    The hellcat comes with a lot of pride and we hold that legacy very high because we LOVE and CHERISH everything included with owning and driving our cars.

It makes sense to me, please let me know what you guys think????

• Agree Agree x 12
  2. dancap3286

dancap3286 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm really not that cerebral about it. I just know it's an awesome machine and I love driving it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are what I would describe as owners on the fringe.....that will destroy any vehicle trying to draw attention to themselves. It's very unfortunate....but I suspect it is one of the reasons we have the Darwin Awards.

I can sympathize with how you feel. I was old enough to appreciate the cars of the late 60's and early 70's....but not old enough to be involved with them. Sounds corny or bizarre......but I've felt like there was a void in my life experiences.....because I've been a car geek since very young and never experienced a muscle car. I can say, with my two rides, I feel I'm no longer missing anything. I drive the cars with respect and a dose of humility ( knowing this much power could result in very bad things happening in a blink of an eye).....but have my fun on the track. For me personally, I don't have anything to prove to anyone out on the street....or the track. I'm just enjoying my time in these vehicles. But then again, I'm no longer a young man.....full of oats:)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed. With this much power comes a heightened level of responsibility. Of course I will open Kitty up a bit every once in a while:D, but I always make sure the road is clear and suitable for a bit of 'Cat Juice". Also, a quick look around for our "boys in blue:rolleyes:". The HC speaks for itself even doing a mellow cruise thru town.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Markp

Markp Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Club Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You only use a nuke as a last resort. It will always end all conflicts. Let them have there small battles using guns and little rockets. Just don't bother us Hellcats or we will push the button.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. 4510

4510 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is human nature. I do not believe I have ever been to large car gathering or event where someone doesn't run out of "talent" and bang up a car. Whether it is on the "Tail of the Dragon" or returning to East Coast from the Miata 10th Anniversary bash in Dallas or... on and on.
    I also don't think we can have threads on this site talking about burning up the rear tires, and shutting down a (fill in the blank) that wanted to try a Hellcat etc. and then take a holier than thou attitude about folks showing off. It is what it is.

Individuals will drive their cars based on their own personality. We know what the law says we should do.... anyone who doesn't break ANY law... cast your stone!

• Like Like x 1
  7. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    we have a stretch of road nearby that if i am first at the light and no one is in front of me, I will release the Cat to exercise its muscle. I have about 1/2 mile of strait road. If there is traffic, then no way. not in public, expecially with a vanity plate that is easy to remember and report. not to do 3 figure speed but to hear it roar.:rolleyes::D

I am guilty. And smiling when i think it is safe to do so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BD2DBONE

BD2DBONE Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A friend asked if I had done a big burnout with my car. I said no. That's way too easy. What's more challenging is taking off without a burnout.

Knowing I've got psycho power under the hood, I feel like I don't need to show off. Agree with Snappy, under the right situation sure I'll nail it but there's no one there to see it unless they were behind me to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great post. I know exactly where you are coming from and trying to articulate.

This is my favorite video of the charger hellcat and it captures the essence of what this amazing cat (Both the Challenger and Charger) stands for and it also echoes the sentiments of the majority of the posters:

PS: Like the guy in the video alluded to: "It makes you feel like you are 'Clark Kent'...with all the power available at your disposal, but not feeling the need to use it."

I apologize in advance if this had been posted before, but I just felt it was relevant to the OP's thread/post and wanted to share it with the community. Cheers and drive safe !!!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great post!! Agree!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. cleankat

cleankat SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Ironically minus the rare heavy foot on my side I find myself just cruising with the cat at the speed limit. There's something almost cooler about taking your dandy old time when you have 700+ hp on tap. The car draws enough attention without driving like a jackass. Love this thing though went to pick up dinner for the family and got two thumbs up on the way. People love the kitty.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Shake&Bake

Shake&Bake Back to (1) Club?

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think there is a huge difference between showing what your car can do and knowing what your car can do. I know what my cars are capable of, I don't think that I have to show it to everyone that pulls up beside me. I think it's the difference in respecting what these things are capable of, and having to flaunt to everyone else what they are capable of?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. MABBRYFL30

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I definitely mean exactly that. It isn't that we as hellcat owners need to be respectful, it was meant that other owners feel they have to do it to get attention. As to us in our hellcats don't need to, car speaks for itself

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. MABBRYFL30

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dancap
    Absolutely right and well said

15. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle: