Hellcat must be on a slow rail car!!!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by CMACNA, May 5, 2015.

1. CMACNA

CMACNA Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello hellcat world. My beast was built 4/27, which is awesome! It's now in Buffalo awaiting being put on a railcar. Does anyone else think it's crazy that it takes 3.5 wks to get from buffalo to Fort Lauderdale? That must be one slow train!!!???!!!!! I'm not complaining because I am out of VON hell and my car is built. Just think it's crazy it takes that long to transport. And of course thanks RS for the updates!

Carlo

• Like Like x 1
  2. budkole

budkole Best Color and fastest is undoubtedly WHITE

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    sometimes it can take a while, rail traffic up right now.

3. iya0yas

iya0yas Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know how you feel as my B5 HC Challenger was built the same week and I believe is on the same train but en route to Winston Salem 1st...?? I'm having trouble sleeping at night due to the anticipation...! Maybe a good time to request an update from RS ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    3.5 weeks is normal for built to delivery. Mine was 3 weeks. Once it's on a railcar, and if you follow it daily via RS...you get to learn that every little 1 horse town has a train station to offload stuff and if its as big as a 5 horse town, then there is a bigger delay because other trains are unloading....IT SUCKS!!!!!!

next you'll learn that it's off the train at the local railyard but is awaiting the final Fenkell inspection which could take a few days. We are certainly like kids the night before Christmas all over again lol

5. Mopar_Convert

Mopar_Convert Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My Hellcat was built 4/17 and just got on the train Monday or Tuesday - thus almost three weeks from build to ship. Scheduled for delivery to dealer 5/25, which it probably won't hit.. So if delivered June 1 it would be ~6 weeks from build to delivery.