SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Hellcat on the dyno

17K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  demon72 
#1 ·
When getting the hellcat dyno'd tonight the best out of 4 attempts was 450 hp for some odd reason. Traction control was turned off, but abs was kicking in and wouldnt let the hellcat max out. Does anybody with dyno experience or hellcat dyno experience know how to get the abs system to not interfere? Might be a dumb question, but it's the first time i've ever had a vehicle dyno'd. Everytime you could smell the brakes.

#12 ·
If you use the calculators it does. From what I've read dyno's can vary or lie if test is done wrong which certainly is the case here

#18 ·
We put it in track mode with the full 707 hp enabled and held the traction control button for 10 seconds turning it off, but it still didn't work. You could see sparks in the rear tires during the attempts. I'm not aware of how experienced the tuner was operating the car during the dyno, but every other car there went fine.

#19 ·
As already mentioned, it is not the TC kicking in, it is the ABS. The front tires are not moving but the rears are at a high rate of speed so the ABS tries to intervene and cooks the brakes. Pull the ABS fuse in the front panel and it will be fine.

This also has the side effect of disabling TC and ESC. This is also why on on-board Hellcat dyno videos you will see the TC, ESC and 'BRAKE' lights illuminated.

A decent dyno operator should already know this and would have saved you from cooking the brakes. :(

Reactions: 1BDHCAT
#20 ·
As already mentioned, it is not the TC kicking in, it is the ABS. The front tires are not moving but the rears are at a high rate of speed so the ABS tries to intervene and cooks the brakes. Pull the ABS fuse in the front panel and it will be fine.

This also has the side effect of disabling TC and ESC. This is also why on on-board Hellcat dyno videos you will see the TC, ESC and 'BRAKE' lights illuminated.

A decent dyno operator should already know this and would have saved you from cooking the brakes. :(
Nice catch!

#22 ·
Pulling ABS fuse only disables ABS, TC and ESC. It should not affect the ability to shift. I think you may want to take your car somewhere else before he forgets to strap it down or something. ;)

Reactions: Mayne318
#31 ·
We never had to pull the fuse. just turned the traction control off. and tried it in default. Got are best number's in Track setting.

#32 ·
^ what he said X2.
Must only work correct in MN on Sunday's with a full moon approaching with negative D/A. Sure worked for us, Speedman was able to log 197 mph. No sparks I was video taping him, I logged a beastly torque number while Speedman watched my lack of sparks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.