Hellcat Owners Invitational??

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by CTViper, Jan 31, 2015.

1. CTViper

CTViper Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi---I have owned 2 Dodge Vipers and have been lucky enough to go to a few VOI (Viper Owners Invitationals). Just curious if Dodge was planning on doing a HOI ? It was every 2 years. They rented out the track's in Vegas and Dallas for the last two I attended. Great events hundreds of Vipers, class act all the way around.

2. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The VOI's in the past were an absolute blast and were heavily subsidized by Dodge. When Chrysler's future was in doubt and they were considering selling off Viper as part of an equity deal, the subsidy was cut. Enter visionary Sergio, and the Viper got new life and now we have the Hellcat. I'm pretty sure that FCA has not jumped back into the game and that VOI's now are self funded by the owner / attendees, the Viper Club of America, other similar organizations and suppliers. If anyone ever puts on an HOI in the future, I strongly recommend going if it's in any way similar to VOI's!

In my opinion, the best VOI was in Detroit. We got to drive the track at Chelsea Proving Gounds, Milan Dragway and the Grand Prix course on Belle Isle (an island / city park in the Detroit River between Detroit and Windsor, Ontario, Canada)! They went all out that year!

3. CTViper

CTViper Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I forgot I was in Belle Isle also! You said it, was great time. Got to see Viper plant! Drive the track.