Hellcat road rage incidents?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by srt.charger, May 31, 2016.

1. srt.charger

srt.charger Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hey guys..did anyone notice any road rage incidents since you got your Hellcat? More so than driving a regular car? It seems that everyone thinks the sound the car outputs is an insult to their ego lol.

I've had some insane incidents where they've tried to cause an accident or try to get me to swerve to fishtail but the funniest ones I remember were I got clapped at by 2 angry drivers on two different incidents few weeks apart. I thought it was hilarious. Not sure why they took it personally when I passed them safely while they were hogging the left lane slower than the speed limit and I went on their lane after 5 cars length. I do this to avoid being an eh hole here in Canada. But still the hellcat seems to just hit a nerve and bring the crazy out of people for some reason?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Might attribute that to hellcat envy I guess. I have seen/heard annoyingly loud ricers roll by and nobody bothers. I have had the dubious distinction of being coaxed(unsuccessfully I might add) by several bmw's for some strange reason. Last week there was this red m3 violently weaving in/out of traffic trying to catch my attention and almost rammed the car on the adjacent lane. Then yesterday while coming back from my friend's place, a fairly new ivory white M6 made a beeline for me on the freeway through relatively thick traffic, pulled alongside me and started gesturing violently for an engagement. Needless to say, I ignored those reckless asshats on both occasions.

Somehow the BMW' owners have been known to behave strangely when they come across the HC. Maybe experiencing some severe symptoms of buyer's remorse, I would reckon. Lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. srt.charger

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    lol that happens to me all the time. I thought I just had crappy luck. I ignore every reckless idiot on the road. I've had recent parking lot incidents where ricers will come closer to the car diagonally and suddenly step on the gas and act like they're going to brush the front hood and go fast really closely. I gave them all the benefit of the doubt, but when it happens several times a week, I stopped to think I can't be the only one now.

4. Doug_38

Doug_38 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nothing to prove with these folks, so I just ignore them. They've already proved they have no control of themselves let alone their vehicle. I'm big on control and integrity on (and off) the road - so while driving the HC tends to bring out the craziness in some, we gotta set the right example! Get up to speed fast, but don't speed, corner precisely but don't lose it, and brake hard (not quite threshold braking on the street, as you need to leave some margin for others errors)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rocket Man

Rocket Man Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have not seen a road rage incident while driving the Cat. Only had it ~10 months.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Flat out jealousy. You disrupted their twisted little world. Screw them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ArkGL01

ArkGL01 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    a lot of people in dumb v6 cars try to race or cut me off. I have 5% tint so they cant see me. I just try to get away from them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 16SRT

16SRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    You guys need to move. Maybe I just live in a weird bubble of friendly Mennonite hot-rodders, but around here when I spot another nice car on the road, I usually see the driver just giving me a friendly wave or craning their neck to see what I'm driving. The kids in ricers are obnoxious, but they'll grow out of that. The adults around here with fast cars seem to be a pretty friendly and supportive community.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hammer Down

Hammer Down Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can usually dissuade these people very quickly and easily. I am usually rolling windows downs, left arm draped out window. They come flying up and pull even and match speed. I will casually look over and give a slight wave and immediately go back to cruising. Works almost every time with every car.

• Like Like x 1
  10. All2Easy

All2Easy Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not road rage, but do get the occasional Mustang, Vette, Camaro, M car, etc. rolling up to try to entice me into a street race. I don't fall for it.....too much "bad" can happen on public roads.

In my humble opinion, I think in this day and age of social media and car forums on the internet, many are looking for a "kill" story to write about or upload a video on.

Quick story about a recent encounter.....about a month ago, had a Mustang GT really trying to get me to race him. I ignored him and went on down the road. I pulled into a gas station to fill up, and the same Mustang pulls into the pump next to me. He gets out to fill up, and gives me a dirty look. No big deal. As I finish up and get ready to move on, he shouts out that "I should have got a Shelby GT350R." I look over at him and his car, and shout back "where's yours.....wife took it for the day?" Nothing back from him. I couldn't resist and close by shouting back "talk smack when you have the hardware to back it up...."

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nothing negative here so far.

12. srt.charger

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Good idea. I'm going for either 5-15% tints very soon. It seems to deter idiots.

Small towns are totally more friendly. I live in one of the craziest cities in the world full of obnoxious people. Yet I still love this city. hah. Love going to small towns nearby though, people are totally different.

13. cleankat

cleankat SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nothing like that here.......tons of thumbs up and comments. Haven't had one car try to test the cat yet unless I'm oblivious

14. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Seems like even the soccer mom's in SUV's even try to keep up with me when I'm in the Cat. Just crazy!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Racist Cat

Racist Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I live in a small town (under 10k)

I've had two "heavy hitters" try to get me to play. A seriously cammed out mustang, maybe an '05, and a turned up Subaru.

Once we got to some open road, neither were a match. Mustang was neck and neck until I could gather up some traction around 45mph, and the Subaru had to shift like 4 times while I just hung out in 3rd, and a portion of 4th.

My car must have had 1,000 miles on it then. This was back in februaryish. Since then, I guess word around town is, don't waste your time, lol.

Hadn't had any road rage incidents in my small town. When I go up to San Antonio, people are aggressive, but I don't think it's the hellcat, although I am more sensitive to it. Heh

• Like Like x 1