Want to Buy Hellcat Satin Black Wheel

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by goingsolo2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looking for one satin black OEM Challenger Hellcat wheel. Curb washed mine and not happy with the repaint. I would rather get a new wheel and use the painted one as a spare. If anyone can spare one at a fair price, that would be great!

Steve

2. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Post pics of the repaint.

I'm having my rim re-powder coated and they tell me I won't be able to tell the difference (granted your wheel will be no comparison to what happens to mine because they're different places but still)

This place also does tons of work for the major OEM's (Chrysler, Ford, GM, etc) so we'll see.

3. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You can see from the pics below that there is a hazy film on it and doesn't wipe off with my finger...I am hoping that a hitting it gently with an wheel will take that off. The color is very close, as I gave them the paint code, but the haze is bothering me, as I don't know whether that will come off or not. Does anyone have experience as to what this is? It was about 45 degrees last night and dark when I picked it up.

wheel 2.jpg wheel 1.jpg

4. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ironside The wheel looked fine when it was brought back, and then this haze appeared afterwards. Maybe from sitting outside? Maybe from shop washing it before I picked it up?

5. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I took it back today and my body guy (good friend of mine) said it looked like a haze from the new paint going out in the cold. He told me to use a gentle polish, then put a coat of wax on it. I used Poor Boys Polish and Poor Boys Natty's Paste Wax. I have always liked these products because they work well and are very gentle on the paint. It seems he was correct…happy to say the wheel looks really good now after a little elbow grease in my garage tonight. The two pics on the left are before and the two on the right are after (all same wheel).

Overall, pleased with the repair and glad I don't have to shell out $1100+ for a new OEM wheel. Paint is almost an exact match…can't even tell from looking at it. IMG_5105.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome! Here's hoping mine turns out nicely as well!

7. RyanMarquor

RyanMarquor Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can't tell from the post, but did you ever find one? If not, I have one matte black OEM HC wheel. PM me if interested...

8. Jerryd

Jerryd Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Steve, where did you fix that wheel i am local to you and have slight damage on one wheel. I was changing my pads to ceramics and my dog knocked the damn rim over onto its face. I still cant believe he did that, I think hes jealous of the cat lol.

9. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had mine repaired and resprayed. I'm not opposed to getting a new one, if the price is right.

10. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I used Newbridge Auto Body in Bellmore. Ask for Vinny...they are a great shop. Tell him you're a friend of mine.

11. RyanMarquor

RyanMarquor Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    PM me with what you feel a fair price would be, and maybe we can talk.

12. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hope I don't need it but what's the paint code you used for the black satin wheel. I don't believe I've ever seen an actual code for it. Would be good to know!