Hellcat Tail Lights

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by kbench55, Mar 27, 2015.

1. kbench55

kbench55 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I have a strange request please. Can some one post up pics or video of how the tail lights work on the hellcat? Specifically, what is lit up when just the lights are on, what is lit up when the brakes are on and what is lit up when the signal lights are on.

The reason I ask is I just saw the penzoil video and noticed the only the inside of the tail lights are lit and was wondering if they are all like that.

2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

They are not all like the Cat in the video. The taillights on the car in the video are a custom partial blackout job. Tons of video on YouTube of people showing off their Cats, probably several with shots of the rear with the taillights lit.

April

3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here is a video for you, around the 7 minute mark they start showing the rear. Hope it helps! ;)

April

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheMagicCarpet

TheMagicCarpet Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    image.jpeg
    The tail lights in the pennzoil commercial were wired up with the inner half of the "race track" tail light lit up. Blackout jobs typically make the whole or part of the taillight black or dark smoked if I'm not mistaken. The pennzoil cars tail lights are normal with just the inner part lit up. I'd also like to hear how they did it. I kinda like it actually. I think it would look even better on the outter ones.

Thanks!
    -Darren

5. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The wire harness goes out of the trunk onto the trunk lid into the middle for the middle lights, They pulled the plugs out of the left and right side lights.