Hellcat vs. 392

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by TinCuda, Sep 7, 2015.

1. TinCuda

TinCuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This may have been asked already so sorry if it has.

My question is how much better is the Hellcat Challenger over the 392 equipped cars?

Anyone driven both to compare? Trade in a 392 for a Hellcat?

Manual vs. Manual and Auto vs. Auto. This is NOT a manual vs. auto thread.

Is there a seat of the pants improvement?

Not talking about interior, cosmetics, or comfort.

Share your stories

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Bob Edly

Bob Edly Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    :cool: I've driven both. I got to say awesome to both cars but the Hellcat is much faster , breaks better, corners fantastic. I always say drive buy the seat of your pants too. The Hellcat just has it I've taken 392 owners rides. They couldn't believe the difference. You won't be sorry if you can get your hands on an a-8 Hellcat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Whadat1970

Whadat1970 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bob are you going to the Monster Mopar show in Norwalk next weekend?

4. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A8 VS A8, 392 VS Hellcat is about 1.2 seconds and 12mph in the qtr mile... suspension is probably more capable in the Hellcat, but the Scat Pack is no slouch, and I would bet 99% of Hellcat owners couldn't drive well enough to take advantage of that... oh yeah, there is also that $25k + difference in the 2..

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Teo

Teo Judge Yooper

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The 392 versus the Hellcat?o_O After owning both and moding my last SRT to a Procharger with 684hp at the crank! :D

The 392 is an absolute Wow moment! :cool: Whereas The Hellcat, is an Ahhhhh Sheite Moment ------- literally in your pants!! :eek::D:D:D

Stupid Fast is an UNDERSTATEMENT! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. StellasHC

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lol Teo !!! I agree the HC is fast, but I have yet to sheite my pants...yet!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Teo

Teo Judge Yooper

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Get it to 1000hp and ----------- YOU WILL!:D:D:D:p:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  8. gavm360

gavm360 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had a scat pack for 6 months before the cat. Both M6. The rear axle ratio and gears 1-3 are very different. Scat was anxious and jumpy below third. Quick. But after that ran out of steam. The cat is more mature but has power everywhere. Have to agree that the scat is a bargain. But glad I made the switch.

9. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have an m6 hellcat and my dad has an a8 charger scat pack 392. The 392 is a good car but its no hellcat. For most drivers and standard driving conditions the 392 is probably all you need. However im young and crazy and just love my cat. Also at the track there is a difference for sure. My M6 im running 11.6 in the qt. My dad can run 12.8 however this weekend i was racing with his and was in the 13.15 to 13.44 range.

Im glad i got to race his because going back to the whole m6 vs a8 debate...ill propably get roasted for this but i wouldn't want the a8 at the track. I know its more consistent and .8 secs quicker however i extremely missed slamming my gears. With the A8 392 it felt as though i couldn't reel anyone in like i could with my cat. Kikda like it fell flat after the 1/8 and thats where the cat comes to life. If someone trees me im able to pull on them right after the 1/8. The exhilaration of hitting 3rd and being pushed back into your seat..mmmm love it. Again in my honest opinion just stomping the gas and just rolling down the strip/road whatever just got boring.
    Anyway back to the 392 vs HC. Saving 25k to get the 392 is a nice chunk of change back into ur pockets. Alot of people won't ever get to fully use the hellcat to its full potential. So with that in mind think about what you really will be using your car for. If your not too extreme you won't be disappointed with the 392. Its loud, looks good and honestly ive seen more hellcats than 392s the only scat pack charger I've ever seen is my dads. It honestly gets just as many looks as my cat.

• Like Like x 4
  10. StellasHC

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Damn.. you are making me want to keep my M6 Hellcat...:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Too bad u only have a 2 piece shaft ;-) i still havent gotten to put the 1 piece in since its 6 feet in the air getting torn apart :-(

• Like Like x 1
  12. StellasHC

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I saw that...f**k. I haven't driven mine in 2 weeks...

13. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i dont like the seats in the HC....my 2011 IE seats were more supportive and comfortable/sporty...i feel the HC seats are for fatties

the high end stereo REALLY sucked in my 2011 IE...the 2015 HC may still suck, but it sucks less

A5 vs A8 is huge.......no comparison between them...A5 never belonged in a 392 car, never shifted correctly..i used to use autostick full time because it would never downshift correctly when floored....A8 shifts the way you'd expect it to

power difference is huge.....im sure an A8 392 vs a A8 HC isnt as far apart, but a A5 392 vs a A8 HC is night and day...that extra second faster feels amazing.......remember its not just 1 second....going from 0-60 4.5 to 3.5 is being 23% faster...its not just 1 second....

handling/braking are similar....im sure if you drive a twisty track youd say the HC is a big improvement, but for me on the street they are pretty much the same...

14. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    1st off i think id rather go 2 weeks without sex than I would go 2 weeks without driving my hellcat. 2nd is about the seats. I have the updgraded leather in my cat. Love them. My dad has the alcatara in his charger and man those seats are good too. Keeping the lower optioned seats you won't feel like your missing out much and i feel they are ventilated better.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Drive with the black key or 500 mode and you can make the Comparison your self.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2