Hellcat vs. M5

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by GoodCaptain, Apr 2, 2016.

1. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    As my bud actually traded his 2013 M5 for a Hellkitty Charger, I already know the result...

Race is at end of video. I still love the M5 though it's now in 3rd place behind Hellcat and new CTS-V. And a case could be made for the CTS-V being the best all around sports sedan.

Robert

2. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Prior to owning my 14 RT challenger one of the fastest cars that I was ever in was a m5. Sheltered life til 2014. Lol

3. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

The M5 is a terrific car. Compared to the Hellcat it's got superior feedback at the wheel, but does NOT handle better, though the Cat feels a bit larger. The M5 interior is more plush, but the dash and controls are just awful, the worst of what the last decade generated in the "button for everything" mentality. The Hellcat feels much more driver oriented.

M5 also has plenty of problems, but you get that with these cars. Fastest thing I've driven has been a Evo X. It's had a ton of work and when I was at the wheel in was a high 9 second car. Owner made it even faster over the winter!

A 9 second Evo is a scary thing, but even with that speed, the handling is what you still end up falling in love with. I had plans to buy an Evo X, but it's really a one-note car and tough to live with.

Robert

4. Ponycarkilla

Ponycarkilla Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This video was posted on here last year, M5 is a nice car but not surprised with the outcome.