Hellcat VS Mustang GT VS Camaro Z28

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Carnage, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Man I love the hellcat exhaust and supercharger whine in this video

• Like Like x 1
  2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not sure if anyone else noticed, but no one smile when the drove the car but the hellcat,, that guy was like a school boy, Im sure if you put four sticky tires on the hellcat it would be close to the z28..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did anybody else notice that the lap time difference, at just a few seconds between these cars, represents but a 2% variation, an amount that could be offset by normal differences in driver skill or different tire brands. Far from a significant difference, for all of us that don't rely on lap times for our income.

• Like Like x 1
  4. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I watched the Hellcat's hot lap, again, and something struck me! He was consistently coasting, for a good while, right before each turn. Nice and leisurely, sure, but NOT the way to get low lap times! Everybody raves about those big brembos on the Hellcat, and how there is no fade even after numerous laps, and so on. Thus, the driver should've stayed on the gas, longer, with minimal coasting, and then, at the last moment, brake super-hard to shave off just enough speed to navigate the turn. That alone would shave a few seconds off, on a course with this many turns, and put it right there with the spartan non-daily-driver Z28 with no A/C or other creature comforts; Amazing, for a car with a real backseat and large trunk that's laden with all the luxury and safety and tech amenities!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. IEATZL1's

IEATZL1's Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Saw this as well and posted it to my Facebook. Very cool and the Hellcat sounds amazing. The ZL1 is a better choice of Camaro in my opinion. This new Z28 is a track only...and really who goes around orange cones? I am a BIG fan of the handbuilt 427 V8 in it. Ragging about the Challenger's size and ability (I think it's just fine and then some) is like saying "Man, my 1000cc bike isn't near as nimble as my 500cc bike!!!" DUH

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wonder what order those cars were shot in. It looked like he used more of the track in the gt and hellcat. The z had room to spare on exit which to me means there was some more time to shave off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed! you said it just right. :)
    well the guy that drove the camaro seemed real partial to the camaro so i was like whatever - HELLCAT ALL THE WAY LOL

8. Mopar707

Mopar707 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Camaro and Mustang were both manual transmission verses automatic in the Hellcat. The manual transmission cars seemed to benefit from transmission braking in the corners, whereas the driver did not seem to be using downshifting the same way with the paddle shifter. He seemed to be using all brakes rather than a lower gear. Then again, the transmission braking of a six speed manual may be more effective than that of an eight speed automatic.

9. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I noticed the Hellcat driver was losing the rear end in many corners....I have a feeling they had the Hellcat in track or mode and that takes the traction control off.....traction control is a must in this vehicle. I bet he would have been much quicker with the traction control on.

10. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I heard him in the wrong gear at least twice in the HC. I agree, he may have done better in a 6-spd HC, he didn't seem to use the downshifing manually as well, like he did with the stick cars. That would have shaved off at least a second, maybe more (putting it ahead of the Mustang), and for my daily driver, I don't want the harsh ride and noise that goes along with it of a Z28. Give me tire shredding torque, stupid hp and blower whine any day! I don't care, I live on the STREET (and occasionally on the strip), not on a road course...

• Agree Agree x 1