Hello from a new black cat in Colorado. Thrilled to be here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Heather, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Heather

Heather Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and many thanks for this awesome forum! Now that kitty has been found, obtained, and driven home safely from Missouri, I can relax and enjoy learning about him/her, not to mention grinning from ear to ear and jumping up and down!

My better half deserves all the credit for finding this beautiful black cat. He discovered this amazing forum in April, and has spent <80% of his waking hours researching, learning, and Hellcat-hunting. I was happy to see him happily occupied, with "harmless fun" (i.e. not nekkid chicks bearing malware) and provided moral support and my promise of immediate purchase, upon finding a suitable, bona fide Hellcat. He's an awesome guy, and he deserves the best! And his driving record is spotless, so no worries. ;-p

This whole time, I was pretty much was resigned to us being #7 on the list, here locally at the only dealership we halfway trust. I expected we'd have to wait until the day we got the "Hell Yeah!" call, instructing us to immediately bring our deposit and order our new kitty. Heck, I was about to stash the deposit - in cash - in a secret envelope in my panty drawer, just to be sure we were 100% prepared.

However, no panty drawer Hellcat cash-stash occurred. Bright and early one Saturday morning in late July, my better half emerged from his Hellcat-hunting room and shoved his cellphone in my face. "Here, talk to this guy, there's a pitch-black Hellcat in Missouri with 200 miles on it." I woke up while grilling the "guy" - actually, a fairly honest salesman - and he passed my screening well enough for me to give him my credit card for the $3,000 deposit.

Salesman immediately printed out a sign, "Reserved for "Hellcat 666" (actually, not his real name - but forum rules and discretion mandate substitution of his screen name) and placed it on the dash. I immediately began calling airlines and catsitters (for our two black living/breathing/eating/pooping cats) en route to the bank. We flew to St. Louis on Monday, and I'll spare you the boring part, about cashiers check v. wire transfer, and having the Vice President of my bank advise having the dealership "go check" their bank to verify that the funds had arrived, rather than waiting for their daily routine funds check. All salesman have ADHD, IMO, and their bosses want to keep customers captive in order to sales-pitch bogus extended warrantees, but that's another story. In our case, I called the dealership's accounting office and provided the office manager with the routing/transaction number, and instructed her to "go check". Immediately afterwards, the sales guy called. "Come on down, your Hellcat's awaiting!"

The drive home went quickly. Haha, no sh*t, we're driving a Hellcat! Kansas City had way too much traffic to stop and get barbecue, and the gas station we stopped at had a creepy cashier who stared at my cleavage and offered a free fill-up. We hightailed it to Salina, Kansas, and collapsed into relatively safe and comfy beds at a HI Express.

The next morning, we made it home to Denver in record time. The black cat seemed to enjoy the chance to stretch his/her legs, and also enjoyed pulling into the garage for a catnap. Kitty has had a daily outing since, and this afternoon will be kitty's first bath. I will take photos and report back.

Reporting from just West of Denver, this is Heather, a happy Hellcat owner.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome Heather. Sounds like a great experience. You have one lucky guy and you seem like a great lady. OK, lets see those pics and please fix that fuzzy avatar. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome to the forum! Always glad to see new HellCat owners, especially females (we are badly outnumbered)! Enjoy that Cat, and feel free to post pictures, we'd love to see it!

April

4. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and welcome Heather. Now you can really get into the HC.org site and better relate to many of our forum members who already have their cats. Enjoy the experience and let us know what you think of your HC. Pix when you get a chance.

5. Heather

Heather Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks April - nice to see there are cool gals here, especially ones who own Hellcats! Yes indeed, there will be pictures a-comin' here shortly, most likely a plethora (hopefully not too many, as some new parents of little human bundles of joy tend to share ... "Look, the baby sneezed today! I'm posting thirty-five pictures and two videos on social media!) One great thing about being a proud new Hellcat mom, everybody really does want to see the new arrival!

P.S. Your avatar is fantastic :-D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome Heather be safe getting home and congrats

7. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Everyone listens to you

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

BAH! Not everyone, even though they should. Just kidding, LOLOLOL! :D

April

• Like Like x 1
  9. ljaviation

ljaviation Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and enjoy.!!

L J

10. Heather

Heather Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yikes, it's not only blurry, it makes it look like the rear window has louvers! Thanks for pointing that out - I believe Mr. Hellcat is well-versed in photo resizing; he will be tasked with the project at once. ;-)

11. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No offence meant I'm sure you're an attractive woman but he wasn't looking at your cleavage, he was looking at the Hellcat Red key dangling from your necklace. LOL

12. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I always listen to you

13. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello Heather! It was good seeing you and your other half at the Golden Super Cruise last weekend, I hope you guys had fun! Here are some quick pics I snapped before myself and my better half took off to make a few cruise laps. (FYI mine is the one with rear window louvers and license plates) Congrats again on your new 'Cat guys!
    20150801_191712.jpg 20150801_191758.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome welcome welcome congrats on your new kitty think you said you got 3 now you have found the most informed hellcat forum nowhere else will you get as much info and help as this forum glad y'all with us . My wife loves our cat also she can drive very good also . Life is good have fun enjoy this cat it will sound lots louder and mean but I'm sure will get along fine with your other cats although this cat need lots more attention but will be very playful when you pull it's tail lol have fun

15. Supercharged_Fun

Supercharged_Fun Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on your Hellcat and welcome to the forum!
    Enjoy.