Hello from Central Florida

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Fast Gator, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Fast Gator

Fast Gator Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ordered my 2015 Challenger Hellcat, Jazz blue, Black/Ruby red, red seat belts, 8-spd from Lakeland Dodge, on November 20th. Looking forward to getting this car!

2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! sounds awesome! looking forward to pics when you get it!:)

3. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrat's, great choices! When I ordered in early Oct, they didn't have the blue available. I too picked the black & ruby red interior with red seat belts, I think it'll look awesome! When you placed your order, did they still offer the satin black hood option? The reason I ask, is because myself and plenty of others ordered that, and apparently they don't have much stock of them, if any, and many orders have been significantly delayed as a result.

4. Fast Gator

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I did not check the satin hood. I think it looks great but I prefer a single color. I did ask about the sun roof, but that is going to be a late 2015 option. The first dealer I went to (Poser Park Dodge) wanted 10K over MSRP and couldnt get the red seats. I went to Lakeland Dodge and they agreed to MSRP and they could get the red seats! The only difference between the orders was 5 days. I believe Dodge is trying to keep up with demand, but it is pretty significant.

5. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you get your Hellcat for sticker, you will be able to celebrate, as so many of us have found that those offering them at MSRP have huge backlogs of demand, so we have no real status or VIN, and no way to be sure we'll ever receive our car. And some dealers in FL are really high-grossing, such as in West Palm Beach where they are up to $25K above sticker. And in the pricier area of Phoenix Valley, the Dodge dealer named Chapman in Scottsdale, they got almost 100K for their initial allocations (includes tax but still sky-high), and made me feel like a peon, for asking if they thought somebody paying $10K above sticker might be able to get one, eventually; They coldly said no chance, and that I shouldn't waste my time if I'm only willing to pay 'too little'! I did get onto a couple waiting lists, elsewhere, but, again, no confidence they'll ever get enough allocated to fill my order. I may resort to ebay, not sure what else to try, as online there are plenty of 'deals' on Hellcats at dealerships but I found they are bait and switch scams, not actual Hellcats available for sale at sticker price or less.

6. Fast Gator

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lakeland had three hellcats from the first allotment I got Number 3. The owner got the first one, the second went for 5k over MSRP. They sold it to me for MSRP because Lakeland Dodge and Posner Park Dodge are very competitive (the sales rep actually said at war with each other). My order is BX so I have some waiting to do.

7. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    One neat thing, for you, that you probably aren't aware of: When most of the site members ordered their Hellcat, blue was not even available. Thus, your car will be that much more 'unique', comparatively, since even if you happen to run across other Hellcats, it will be unlikely you'll see one that's in your color. I've heard many on this site comment on how pretty the jazz blue is, and I viewed it in person on a non-Hellcat Challenger just lately, and it IS awesome. I bet there will only be a small percent of the 2015's with that color, so congrat's, again.

8. Fast Gator

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On another site the moderator was taking a poll of what colors people would pick. Jazz blue was at about 5%, the Blacks and Tor Red were by far the most popular. I hope to get production information for my car - what production number and how many are jazz blue. Just want to get as much info to save with this car.

9. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If the poll was about what they "WOULD" pick, that may give more insight into future orders (which may not have as great a chance of getting fulfilled), but not apply to the many orders already placed, most of which had no chance to order blue. Thus, it's possible the final numbers, after all the 2015's are made, may be even a lower percentage of blues than five percent, which would surely make them that much more unusual, and probably collectable, as they become older. Last I heard, the top color was sublime green, followed by torred and the blacks. Naturally, anybody that gets a Hellcat has a very special car, in my eyes, but for those that seek extra rarity, the color chosen becomes a factor. At this point, I'd take my car in PRIMER!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Fast Gator

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    TRUE!!! If they delivered it tomorrow I would not care what color!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bane

Bane Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your order. There is a chair right next to mine in the BX section with your name on it. Have seat and stay a while.

12. Fast Gator

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am praying that the waiting room is just a short stay!! Bane when did you order you Cat? I ordered mine on 20 November,

13. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and congrats!

14. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome, sounds like they are ramping them up and you will get one sooner than you might think!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Late here but welcome!