Hello from Hellcat Hope-to-be-owner in AZ!

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by X-Men Fiend, Oct 25, 2014.

1. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've never chatted or had any social media like myspace or facebook or anything similar, heck, I still use a flip phone actually, so this is very new and out of character for me. However, my enthusiasm for the Hellcats is boiling over, so I felt I simply must seek an outlet! I am a lifelong car and comic-book fan, collecting comics since I was a child and gawking at cars with my dad as a youth. First car was a 1969 MGB GT, very fun, but unreliable. Since then I've had some Honda CRX SI's and a 1973 Monte Carlo and 1972 Nova, always liked the old muscle cars, and especially loved all manner of Corvettes. When we used to watch Dukes of Hazzard, I remember we'd sometimes take the old `73 Malibu out, 'drifting' (as it's called now) through the fields and dirt roads, gravel, whatever, often getting flats, and we'd even jump railroad tracks, bottoming out when we'd land, crazy times... These days, I have a Honda CRV and Toyota Camry for boring usage, but have a 1972 Corvette Stingray coupe (4-speed/survivor) and a 1923 T-bucket (350 vette motor/kit built in 1983) but I have always monitored the other cool cars as well. When I learned of the Hellcat, knowing that getting another 2-seater would be asinine (I have a family, with a couple daughters) yet the Challenger has seemingly multiple personalities: tame use (valet) in case I have to loan to family member, or regular (street mode for use in place of one of my 'economical' daily drivers) and then, when I don't want to damage my vintage vette or roll the t-bucket due to crazed usage, I can simply access the fabled red key, and track modes, what's not to LOVE?!?!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome Aboard !
    Congratulations!

WT

3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome X-Men fiend! I love X-Men too :) sounds like you've had some quite fun adventures and I used to watch Dukes of Hazzard too! Hellcat is the a historical event and milestone. Hope your order goes through smoothly and fast! Enjoy your stay :)

4. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Do most of the folks on this site already own a Hellcat, or mainly people like myself who are waiting (im)patiently, hoping they actually get one, while getting sparse updates on progress? (I ordered a 2015 Challenger hellcat a couple weeks ago)

5. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Production hellcats have not been shipped yet. We are hoping it starts this upcoming Monday or Tuesday. Some of us have a built Hellcat sitting in storage awaiting staging for shipment and out the gate soon, some of the others are waiting for D1 to be finished, to be built soon in a week or two. The rest are waiting for a VIN and some are waiting for a VON.

6. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cool, thanks. Have you, or anybody else on here, actually driven a Hellcat Challenger? I bet it's a rush. Having driven a t-bucket for the past ten years, I have been in a quandary, for years...knowing I cannot justify another 2-seater, but not finding anything to my liking that seats the whole family, the ones I do like, performance wise, don't have enough back seat room, most stuff feels too sluggish, or I don't like the looks. After much consideration, I realized the Hellcat is a very unique breed, combining the latest luxury, comfort, safety and tech stuff, instead of sacrificing such things in the quest for light weight, yet able to transform, as needed, to provide competitive performance to most of the smaller and lighter competitors! If you only have room for one more car, yet you desperately need both a modern high-tech family-friendly vehicle with all the latest airbags & gizmos and a real back seat, along with a beast for the autocross or race track with the open exhaust and stiffer suspension and big power, then doesn't that leave only one single option: Hellcat!?! I want a 'sleeper' so stayed with the more subdued Phantom Black Pearl paint, but ordered the ruby red/black seats and red belts and 6-speed manual and black satin hood. My dealer didn't mention any jargon such as VIN or VON or D1 or anything else, but he was the only source I could locate in the Phoenix area that wasn't asking way above sticker price, and he seemed like he was legitimately optimistic that I'd eventually receive my car, so here I sit, typing and prayin', if you know what I mean!!!!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  7. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome from Wisconsin where we are D1 status and hope to see our new cat very soon

8. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Right on, how long ago did you order your Hellcat, and what combo did you select? It's been almost 30 years since I've owned a muscle car, and this is a big step for me. I've bought all my prior vehicles cheap, second-hand, fixed 'em up, and so on, never spent over $15K on anything. But, after all these years, reading about the contenders, in this arena, building up my credit, saving money and so on, finally, I find the one car that satisfies all the various 'needs' that must be met (including back seat and safety/tech/comfort/music/and such), while also having sufficient power, and I am also picky about looks, and don't like the appearance of most cars, but DO like the appearance of the Challengers, so I deduced if there was EVER going to be a car that would motivate me to actually step up and buy a brand new car, it would be this one that combines the attributes of multiple different car classes, particularly when you consider the various driving modes and settings, almost like, dare I say, changing from a panther to a cheetah to a puma to a mountain lion...

9. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    TorRed, black hood 6-speed nav and performance tires ( std seats) oh yeah red seat belts ordered 9/9 first thing by the dealer, we put 5k down non refundable day after. Our dealer got 2 allocations we are #1

10. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great choices, I wanted to go with that, myself. Just am a bit fearful of tickets, and am hoping that maybe getting a sedate color might make the car look a bit more tame and more likely to blend in with the other motorists (maybe I'm just deluding myself, as if the exhaust is roarin' and hides are roastin', that officer ain't gonna struggle or require a detective's assitance to figure out which of the cars is the 'perpetrator'...gulp!)

11. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome from Michigan,, I'm one of the few that has a car built, and hoping for a delivery this week.. I ordered a torred, automatic with Rudy seats, and red belts...a many nights I lay awake thinking about this car..I just want it to get here, so I can enjoy it a little before all the bad weather comes

12. Tspoon

Tspoon VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome aboard, we are all waiting for our cars, join in,
    kill some time, and try and have a good time in the process.

13. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No I have not been able to try a hellcat but I can only imagine it's like my super bee but a lot more fun with more g force :)

Yeah I got phantom black too, it's the only color my fiancé and I could agree on.

You can make a sleeper out the hellcat easily as long as the logos come off and no one notices the hood which is unique design for the hellcat.

The car codes, we have a sticky post under purchasing area you'll want to check out. You can make sure you get a POC (Price order Confirmation) which contains the VIN and VON. If you only have a VON (Vehicle Order number) then that means your order is in the queue to be picked up by the factory plant. Once the plant picks up your VON they will issue your dealership a VIN. You can at least call about a week after order is submitted to receive a VON or VIN status update. Keep us posted ;)

14. Bane

Bane Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the site. Good luck in maintaining your patience. I ordered 9/9 at 10:04am and am currently in BX status and still waiting on a VIN. I ordered Sublime, Black Laguna seats, Black Satin hood, Nav and 8speed auto. The seats and hood are late availability so I don't expect to take delivery until after the first of the year.

15. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to our Hellcat family. I am really glad you decided to join! I am not much of a social media bug myself, but being part of this awesome support group and getting all the valuable information has been amazing. I hope you enjoy your time on the site and congrats on you Hellcat!:)