Hello from Lake Havasu City, Az.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Redboots, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just arrived in Lake Havasu for the winter from our home in southern Utah. Everyday is 20 degrees warmer down here! Ordered a new Hellcat on 11-26. It will be my new toy replacing my '68 Camaro. The Camaro is nearly as fast as the Hellcat will be, but old school all the way. It's got a 572, TKO 600 5 speed, Ford 9", and lots more. It will be interesting to go from a 'fast' 47 year old car to the new high tech 'go fast'. I've been on one of the other forums for a short time, but just found this one too.

2. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the site! Lots of cool folks on here, and loads more info than you'll ever get from a salesman.
    I too have some vintage fast cars, but it'll be a real change, for us both, to get a quick but modern high-tech vehicle. I ordered back in early October, but have gotten no feedback about it, so I am not real optimistic. Where did you order your Hellcat, and did they give you a VON/VIN, and also, did you have to pay above MSRP as many buyers have?

3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome! Like your old car story into the new beast hellcat. Please enjoy your stay

4. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for your welcome. My only other Mopar was a brand new 1967 Barracuda Formula S with the 273 hipo motor. Since then I've been a GM guy. I just can't get with the new Camaro's, and then along came the Hellcat. What's not to like? I tried to buy the new car herein LHC but the dealer wanted a $5000. deposit. I just couldn't see it for a car with no guaranteed delivery and probably a 5 month wait. I called a little Chrysler/GM dealer in Utah where I've bought cars before. They gladly ordered it at MSRP with a $500. desposit and I have VON at this point. There is only one order ahead of me, so I feel pretty good about seeing the car, just not real soon. That's okay, 650 HP in the Camaro is a thrill ride anytime anyway.

5. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cool, welcome to the hellcat family! Please enjoy your stay.

6. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! I had a 69 Camaro for about 15 years and loved it. The Hellcat will blow you away! I have a 2012 Dodge Charger and the power and amenities of new Mopar is awesome! I am picking up my Challenger Hellcat tomorrow, I love the thought of pure beast muscle car with all the luxuries of a new car and amazing handling. My Camaro was pretty squirrely, but not as upgraded as yours! :)

7. Bane

Bane Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to our little slice of Hellcat purgatory. While a few have their cars and other (like Tammie) will be enjoying them soon, a lot of us are waiting just like you. We'll just have to keep each other entertained while hoping Dodge gets the lead out and builds our cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Daniel Carter

Daniel Carter Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome!! Enjoy the warm weather while you can, right. :cool: