Hello fromKansas

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by ManicMechanicMD, Feb 10, 2015.

1. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well, after several years of debating on the car I wanted, I pretty much fell in love with the Hellcat. I have two younger children so I really needed a 4-door, so when the Charger was announced I knew it was the one I had to have. My only real difficulty was choosing a color.

So I put in my order for Bright White with the Brass Monkey wheels. Pretty much every option but the sunroof because I've just never really cared for them. I ordered it on January 31st from Fowler Dodge in Oklahoma City even though I live in Wichita. After calling all over and seeing how much over sticker dealers were charging, this dealership actually worked with me. I didn't pay MSRP though. I paid $1,000 over Factory Wholesale which is about $1,200 UNDER MSRP.

I've been putting money back for a few years now but will have to sell my heavily modified Subaru WRX. I've owned it for 10 years, longer than any of my other 15 or so cars in the past. In fact, I had it before I met my wife, so it is bittersweet to have to sell it. Nonetheless, the spot in the garage is being prepped for something very worthy. I will have to move around some things but that just gives me more reason to be out in the garage which I never mind.

I really can't wait until it's built. Looking very forward to talking with all of you.

2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay. I can already picture that bright white sitting on brass monkey rims, dayemmmmmm!!

3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome to the forum! We will help keep you amused during your wait for the Hellcat! :)

April

4. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks!

My debate is whether or not to drive it the 175 miles from OKC back to Wichita. If I were to observe the break in period then I can't go over 55 for the first 100 miles and that would be painful on the Interstate. Especially if I would need to vary the RPM and speed. My father in law has a very nice enclosed trailer he hauls his show cars in but I would love to drive it off the lot. :)

5. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome! A compromise. Drive it for a few miles then load it in the trailer!

6. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and I'm sure you'll forget the Subaru once you get your Charger;)

7. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome!